ATS MK2 review by Hughes & Kettner

I use a Vintage VRS100 with this amp and it sounds splendid. The sound is clean and great and with the equalizer it can be tuned accordingly. This amp is not only perfect for my style of music which is mainly heavy rock, punk and grunge but it could be used for any style of music and it would still sound great. The clean channel at high volumes stays clean and doesnt distort unless you flick the switch. The distortion can be as brutal or as gentle as you would want it to be, with 2 different distortion styles you can have it really light or excrutiatingly heavy.

What I love about this amp is that no matter how many times you use it, it always sounds as good as the first time. If I had to compare it with anything else I wouldn't it is a unique style of amp and if it were lost or stolen I would break down and cry, then try and buy a new one. The only thing I wish it had extra was the 4 channel footswitch which should come with it but was lost by a previous owner. I would recommend this amp to anyone who plays guitar no matter what the style.

I would quite happily take this amp on stage without a backup and with it being several years old it is obvious it has a brilliant durability as it still sound as good as any brand new valve amp would. The only problem I have with it so far is that it has been knocked over while plugged in and the socket on the back has been broken off, but that is easily repaired.

I have no idea what year this amp was made in however it has a very good sound for any style of music from metal to light rock to folk. The amp itself has 2 channels with 2 extra sound configuration sections. It has clean and distorted with an extra distortion for heavier stuff and also a sound equaliser for really customising your sound. The amp has 10" speaker it also has an external speaker port a mixing desk port and a headphone port. Being a valve amp it has a very clean distinctive sound even when on the heaviest distortion.