Attax 80 Review

7.9
 8,686
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Attax 80 Reviewed by: Art Of Music, on december 22, 2006

Features: The amp was made in the early 2000 I belive. The amp comes with a pedal (H&K FS-1) suits me for any style. And I play from rock to pop to hardrock to punk. It has 2 channels, 2 distorted (one '70s mode and one modern mode) and 1 clean and even 2 speaker outputs. It gives 80 watts of power but if you connect it to a cab then you can get it's full 100 watt. It has a lot of power for a 80 watter! And the effects. It has a spring reverb, sounds great. But I miss the chorus effect that I have on my other amp. // 7

Sound: I'm using a Squier Bullet with 3 single coils and yes. It sounds good. Though the distortion mode 2 channel have this 80 metals to it and is always noisy. But the clean channel is actually quite stunning! It sounds like a tube amp, really rich and warm and is never noisy, not even with a distortion pedal. So forget all those tubeheads. Actually it sounds like a Fender Twin Reverb! You can go from Ramones to Nirvana to Pixies to The Breeders. But it suits rock/grunge the most. If you try the clean channel to it's max it's not noisy. But it's loud. The distortion is as I said, noisy and '80s dirty metal! But you can get a really good AC/DC sound! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm totally reliable to this amp. It's like a tank. I have used it in 2 years and it still sounds amazing. I would never bring my Kustom quad HD and Cab no more since this is so portable and loud. This amp doesnt't loose any bottom if you crank this baby up with a cab so I love it. // 10

Overall Impression: Let's face it. I play Nirvana but yes I play Led Zeppelin to AC/DC. It sounds good with all 3. I've been playin for 2 years I have a Kustom Quad 100, Kustom KMA 100 and a Kustom 30. They all sound washed out and plain. But this baby sounds so good. Really rich and full. Just like a tubeamp. If this would get stolen I would think that the thief had a really good taste for amps and I would buy one again. I love that you can get the exact sound from "All Apologies" and that you can get the exact sound from "Back In Black." But I would love to see a chorus effect later on! Anything else? No. // 8

Comments