Edition Blue 15-R review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 15-R

Purchased from: F-Music

I have an ESP LTD Viper-100FM, and it has LH-100 pickups, so it's pretty good for heavier stuff. The good thing is, that it doesn't make so much noise than other 15 watt amps. You can make very soft, but still keeping it heavy sound, and you can make a blues rock kinda sound. That's not allways good thing, cause' when you put clean to the halfway, it does that kinda bluesy sound. So if you like playing hard rock or blues, this is very good amp for home using, but if you like more playing clean stuff and chordes, you should think some other amps! Distortion is some about in halfway from Foo Fighters and Slayer. It's shame, that, when you get gain button to 0, 1 or 2, the voice gets silence, and I wanted it to be little more rock kinda' distortion!

As I said, I play lot of heavy stuff, and it's ok match. It does sometimes make that noise from guitar, and you have to get the volume button in guitar to zero, I've owned this amp for over half year. I buyed this amp because it had pretty god distortion, and I needed an amp for home use. If, it would be lost or stolen, I would not buy a new one. I love it's Trash Metal-like distortion! I play bands like Lamb Of God, BFMV and Slayer and stuff, and it's great for that! I still wish it would have that foot-switch!

I wouldn't use it on a gig, except if it was a gig without drums, cause' it doesn't have enough much powerfull voice, it's pretty silent. The good thing is, that it's never been broken! The best thing is, that it's not like big(ger) amps, you don't have to wait, that the sound comes out!

This amp was made in 2005. I play very much trash and death metal, and this amp has pretty good overdrive. It's a shame, that H&K's amps doesn't have any extra effects. In this box there's a clean and overdrive channels. It doesn't have place for footswitch, but it does include a place for headphones. I use it in my home, so it's ok for using it here, but it's nothing in band house. There I must always use a bigger amp instead of this.

Zwart
    it is a good amp ! I loved the sound. only it is just a small amp. So i'll take a bigger version of it
    someguy1
    this is an awesome amp i just need for volume when im jammin wit my mates but 4 practicing i love the thing
    walshy01
    Very good amp for house as it can still reach high volume, but not good 4 gigs. The best thing about it though is that I somehow get radio through it which can be really creepy sometimes.Some random radio station just gets played through my amp. (not jokin)