Edition Blue 15-R review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 15-R

Purchased from: musicians friend

I am playing a les Paul custom on this amp, I think single coils would sound extremely good if played clean on this amp, the clean channel is so bright with humbuckers, single coils would just make it better. It suits my style perfectly, really like the dirty garage/blues sound you can get out of it, gain on 7 scoop the mids, turn your tone down a little, and this thing gets dirty. It's not a noise amp, even at high volume. This is a very versatile amp I played jazz, blues, ska, punk, classic rock and metal and it suits them all very well. The clean channel stays nice and bright all the way up to 7, but I wouldn't know how it sounds any louder than that. The distortion really isn't that brutal, as far as brutal distortions go this one is not on top.

I play an extremely wide array of music and it suits them all very well. I have been playing for a little over 4 years, other than this amp I practice and gig with a Fender fm 100 half stack. If it were stolen I would have to kill some one, but yes I would buy it again. The only thing I wish it had was a footswitch.

It has never let me down, well if I actually took it to a gig, I don't think I would need a back up, It is a very tuff amp, it has been around the block a few time with me. It has never broken down for any reason, and I have droped it a few time on accident, it still looks new and I have pretty much thrashed this thing.

This amp was made in 2006. It actually is quite a versatile amp, I play a wide range of music from jazz to metal and everything in between, while it did take some fine tuning on the eq for to get a good metal sound out of it, but what amp don't you have to fine to the eq. It has two channels clean and lead, it does not have a footswitch, which was a disappointment, no effects loop and a head phone jack. I really wish it had a footswitch, but I use a lot of pedals so it really doesn't matter. I use this amp mostly for practice in my living room, but I have played with a drummer with this little baby, it is loud enough for practice I never had to push the volume past 7. I don't think it would suit a Live show to well, unless you have a good sound system and you can mic it, then you are good to go. This is a solid-state amp, with spring reverb that is quite good.

mgrowe
    Just got one of these as I tried one out in store and loved it (Then got it off e-bay for 56 UK) Great practice amp with great tone. Don't understand the "wouldn't use it for gigs" comments as it was not designed for that. I will use it to take around to teach guitar lessons and this is one good little amp.
    ManInAClownSuit
    Dude, this review contradicts itself like four times and spells Thrash as trash twice. Adding to that, the English is almost indecipherable.