Edition Blue 30R review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 30R

I'm using this amp with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it really kicks ass. I lost Faith in this world, I thought that everything was unfair and only crappy amps were produced these days (say it! Call me emo), until I found this one. The clean channel is so beautifully sparkling and the lead is so hot, and that for only J200 (approx. $260). There is a huge variety of sounds in this amp, but it was made for 'Vintage' music, so it sounds best with blues and classic rock, but you can get Metallica-ish sounds from it too. This definetely is one of the best amps in it's price range.

I've been playing guitar for 2 years now, (and never owned a decent amp before) and I thought this amp might be a good present for my guitar anniversary. It just totally suits my needs. If this one were stolen, I'd probably get the 60 watt version but since I only use this one at home I might also buy it again. I'm in love with this amp and I hope you will be too.

I've only got this amp a few days but it looks like it's built to last. I think it's too small for a gig but I might probably use it on a small gig without backup. It's got a one-year factory warranty, but something in my head says it won't break down next year.

I don't know what year this amp was made in, but it probably is '06 or '07. This solid state combo is versatile enough for me, it goes from clean all the way to a nasty distortion, but maybe it might be a bit too 'soft' for black metal etc. Luckily, I don't even consider playing that kind of bs. The amp has two channels: clean and lead. You can Switch between channels with an optional footswitch. I use the amp control function of my Boss GT-8 as a footswitch. Speaking of which, this amp makes a killer team with the GT-8. I'm using this amp at home, and I think it's got enough power to blow the windows out, didn't try though. It's got enough features for me. The lack of effects doesn't bother me at all since I use my GT-8. It does have a spring reverb though, which in my opinion is better than the reverb in my GT-8.

kill 'em pretty
    ok.. ive seen a 60w version of one of these baby's for 120 english pounds.... i play through a marshall valvestate 50w atm and i was wondering should i buy? im 16 and very hard for cash
    kill 'em pretty
    ...ok just read the article... 2 years and youve got a gt-8?! good going, though ive got a gt-8 and if they go so well together maybe this is a sign...
    zoranrataj2000
    I own 30DFX and 60R.30 have 10 inch Jensen speaker which is very directly with big punch, 60 12 inch CELESTION speaker and have more deep and high tones like Fender Twin.If you need for blues and rock you should take 30, but if you wish big warm tone, take 60.30 and 60 are to quiet for club giging, so it power doesnt matter which one you buy. Sound is just like tube amp, not only sound.Amp reacting exactly like tube amp.Fantastic amp.It is only from clean-blues to hard rock. YOU CAN NOT PLAY METAL OR SIMILIAR, EVEN IF YOU USE PEDALS!!! I own many amps. -Fender pro reverb vintage,hot rod deluxe -Crate VC5212 -Peavey Valveking 212 -Hughes and Kettner Tube edition 20TH ann., TUBE 50 Head, TRIAMP MK1 combo(probably the best amp I ever heard) -Harley Betnon GA5 And this is only tube amps.I am anyway very impresed with tone od Blue edition.I hope with this rewiev will help to someone. P.s.I try effect send (preamp out)to effect return(line in-slave in) om Peavey Delta Blues with 15 inch speaker.Better and more tube dynamic then Delta blues himself.I still can not believe.