Edition Blue 60DFX review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 60DFX

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Overall the sound is excellent, even with my Squier Strat. The amp makes the guitar sound beautiful, and I would love to hear what would come out of it if I hooked up a higher quality guitar. My style is usually metal, rock, progressive rock, and alternative, and I must say that it can be used for any of these no problem. No issues at all with the distortion, and all of the effects sound just as good with it on as they do on the clean channel. As advertised, it does give off a very warm tone and plays just as well as any tube amp.

As stated before, I play metal, rock, progressive rock and alternative, and all of these styles are matched up well with the amp. Ten Years After and Queensryche used these amps for reference. Normally I would not buy anything without testing it, but they had a sale on musiciansfriend, and I couldn't pass it up (63% off of list price). Quite frankly, I don't regret anything about this purchase, and feel as though I would have been no better off purchasing from a local store and testing different amps. It has already convinced me that when time has come to upgrade, I will be buying another Hughes And Kettner.

Thus far I have not experienced any problems with it in terms of reliablility. I've only had it for a few days, but from what I collect I would absolutely use it in a gig without any second thoughts. Unless you are just being totally neglectful, I don't think that you will find any issues in this category.

I actually bought the Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 30DFX, but that wasn't an option. The features in terms of the effects loop include chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb. It's got a clean channel and an overdrive channel, and you can hook up a 1 or 2-way footswitch if you so desire. There is also a built in back light which illuminates the control knobs, very handy for playing in the dark, which I do often. The 30 watts are more than enough and pack a surprising kick.