Edition Blue 60DFX review by Hughes & Kettner

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 60DFX

Purchased from: mucisians friend

I use a Ibanez artist series through it and on clean is amazing it doesnt't distort at high volumes if you use it rightand is good for jazz. the distotion however is far from marshell with no tone though the dist itself is good. for jazz it's fine but for my other blues prog. rock styles it doesnt't cut it.

I've been playin about 2 years and am far from knowin everthing about amps but this doesnt't seem top quality. I also own a Line 6 spider75 that I'd reccemnd first. if it waas stolen I'd probably replace it with something else likea Raven amp which would have been a better purchase.

though I wouldn't useit on a gig for tone issues it seems to be built well and does seem tuff enough to handle a small gig if I had a nice dist. pedal like a big muff otherwise I'll be using my Line 6 instead. though I may use it Live for a school jazz band that's nothing I care to much about.

this amp dissapointed me I thought with a Hughes And Kettner I'd get better quality. it has 2 channels with lead and clean the clean is good I'll admit and it can get very loud, that's the reason I'm keeping it I bought it to use for a jazz band anyways. the distortio or lead is were it slips up the lead channel has no tone so for any music heavier than country or jazz your out of luck without a dist. pedal. the chorus and flange effects are ok but nothin to brag over. the delay is very hard to use. the reverb does sound nice though.

nosaj89
    This amp worked good for my transition from my line 6 spider because i could hear it over the drums, but the destortion does leave something to be disired. when I put an eq and a metal muff on the clean channel it sounded pretty cool but I thought it was going to explode. now its time to move on to a tube amp.