Edition Blue 60R review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Edition Blue 60R

Purchased from: noteworhty music

I mainly use humbucker pickups in which this amp totally copes with the bad treatment I give it, for example; using two different overdrive pedals, cranking the volume up until it makes ringing noises in my ears, using it for more than 2-3 hours until it's really heated up but recently I've found a love for using single coil pickups that come with strats and tele's and this amp is still amazing. I could name nearly every genre of music and I would still say this amp suits them. This amp is really brilliant and I would tottaly gig this (obviously I would have to mic it up at big gigs as it's only a 60 watt but it would be worth it).

I play many styles of music (grunge/metal/folk/country/hard rock/blues ect) and I don't think I would ever find a better amp suited to me for the money I paid. Much better than the Marshall 60-100 watt amps around for the same sort of money. If it were stolen I would have a look around to see if I could buy a better amp within the price range of 200-500 but I could nearly gaurentee that I would come home with some sort of Hughes And Kettner (probly the 60 edition blue). I just love the Vintage clean tone I get from it and I love even more the fuzzy distorted tone I get from it. I just wish it came with 2 12 inch speakers and a bit more power so I could gig it without running it throuh a p.a system. huges and kettner are a really underestimated brand and make really good quality amps for a reasonable price and great satifaction. if you can't afford a decent tube amp made by Vox or Orange, buy a Hughes Ann Kettner. Infact buy a Hughes And Kettner and save yourself some cash.

Well to be honest I would always bring a backup amp to a gig. Not that this amp would need it; it would just be typical and heartbraking if it failed or brokedown at a gig. But I could be certian that it wouldn't. The problem I've had with this amp is that I had it for two years and I've never realy cleaned the dust that it attractes around the input sockits and I think a little dust has got in them. I now have to jiggle the jack leads to get the proper sound out of it otherwise it goes all quiet (and it still sounds great).

This is a basic solid state 60 watt combo with 2 channels and reverb, but just because it's a basic amp, doesn't mean it's no good. this amp is one of the best combos to buy aslong as you have a overdrive/distortion stomp box that you are happy with. I only say this because this amps overdrive channel isn't up 2 much but on clean this amp kicks ass. I use a Ibanez Jetking 2, Tanglewood SG, Yamaha Super Strat guitar and a Telecaster project that I made and they all sound so sweet using this amp.

hitl
    how is this amp compared to a roland cube 60? i want a hard rock sound like aerosmith, buckcherry, gun n roses
    fleh
    readin good reviews and comments is great(!) but wen trying to decide what amp to buy im more bothered about anything bad ppl could possibely say about it.....
    zoranrataj2000
    I own 30DFX and 60R.30 have 10 inch Jensen speaker which is very directly with big punch, 60 12 inch CELESTION speaker and have more deep and high tones like Fender Twin.If you need for blues and rock you should take 30, but if you wish big warm tone, take 60.30 and 60 are to quiet for club giging, so it power doesnt matter which one you buy. Sound is just like tube amp, not only sound.Amp reacting exactly like tube amp.Fantastic amp.It is only from clean-blues to hard rock. YOU CAN NOT PLAY METAL OR SIMILIAR, EVEN IF YOU USE PEDALS!!! I own many amps. -Fender pro reverb vintage,hot rod deluxe -Crate VC5212 -Peavey Valveking 212 -Hughes and Kettner Tube edition 20TH ann., TUBE 50 Head, TRIAMP MK1 combo(probably the best amp I ever heard) -Harley Betnon GA5 And this is only tube amps.I am anyway very impresed with tone od Blue edition.I hope with this rewiev will help to someone. P.s.I try effect send (preamp out)to effect return(line in-slave in) om Peavey Delta Blues with 15 inch speaker.Better and more tube dynamic then Delta blues himself.I still can not believe.
    shadow__666
    Would this amp be loud enough to play parties etc where there is no PA system, over a loud drummer?