Trilogy Head review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Trilogy Head

Purchased from: Maytan Music Center

I have a Ibby RGA32 with Blackouts, this amp screams with actives. My Schecter has bad pups, but it sounded good with passives, so I'm going to put some high out put Dimarzio's in it. This thing can do any form of rock, to any form of metal. It isn't the gainiest head around though, so some might find it to need a boost. I mostly play southern metal core so it has the perfect amount of gain. The only thing is it is noisy when your not playing.

This is perfect for Killswitch Engage style metal core to southern metal core like Everytime I Die. But it can cover all forms of rock and metal. I run it into a mesa 4 x 12 rectifier cab. Idk if I would get this if it was stolen, I got it at an amazing deal and If I needed a new head I'd get an Engl Powerball II. It's great though, it's worth trying. I really love it, it sounds great. Go try one.

I haven't had a problem.

100 watts of EL34 tube power. 3 channels, each with a switchable boost on each channel. Clean is awesome, it's even better with the sparkle switch. Crunch is good for an ac/dc sound, add the boost and it can do anything from Iron Maiden to UnderOath. Lead and Ultra Share the same EQ and separate gains. They sound the same except Ultra has more bass and gain for chugging. Ultra gets an awesome Killswitch Engage sound. It has a master volume, presence, and a master knob in the master section. The effects loop can be assigned to channels. It's foot Switch has clean/crunch/lead/ultra. It's loud! I'm fairly certain it's louder then a dual rec.

joelcrosland
    I bought one of these second hand last year, and I have to say it is an amazing amp, got it for a bargain price too. I play in a Sludge/Post Metal band, and it cuts through against the other guitarists Orange Dual terror. I use the all channels. Clean can be beautiful and clear with the sparkle switch engaged, I use the Crunch cranked all the way up on the gain for any brighter lead work. The only problem with the Lead and Ultra channels are they get a bit lost in the mix on their own, hence I use the crunch most to cut through, but the Ultra is good for solid rhythm chords. I am not very experienced with valve amps as this is only my second, but holding onto it for a long time! Can't beat the shining blue light on a dark stage either, just looks awesome!!