Warp 7 112 Review

manufacturer: Hughes & Kettner date: 03/24/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Hughes & Kettner: Warp 7 112
Ultra low, ultra bad and fulminating with explosive energy ? that's the formula for 21st century guitar tone. An unprecedented sound, conventional rock'n'roll amps don't have what it takes to deliver it.
 8.9
 1,193
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Warp 7 112 Reviewed by: False_God, on march 24, 2006

Purchased from: thomann

Features: This amp was made in 2005 with a 1x12 custom Warp speaker. It has 2 channels clean and warp. It has 3 sets of eqs per channel which is very handy. The factory distortion isnt great as on all amps but its playable. The clean channel is beautiful, and more than likely you'll have a distortion pedal running through it so it will be like a Mesa. It doesn't have reverb which kinda sucks but other than that you couldnt ask for more. I use this amp in my room and for concerts and it manages perfect below the halfway mark on the volume knob. // 8

Sound: I use a Jackson and I play from grunge to metal and this amp can handle all. There is a hum on both channels but it's nothing annoying. The clean channel is actually clean at very high volumes unlike alot of amps. The distortion isn't the best but really I don't use it, I run a Boss MT-2 through the clean channel and I think it sounds as good as a tube amp. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp is built like a shit brick house, it's a Hughes And Kettner so nothing is gonna happen to this amp unless it fell out of a plane 10,000 feet up. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp was exelent for my budget and my style. I have been playing 1.5 years and I have played a lot of amps but this one was the best. If it was stolen I would get another one, but I wouldn't have the cash for it. I love everything bout this amp and how evil it looks especially when the word Warp lights up at the front. Overall brilliant amp and worth buying! // 9

Comments