Warp 7 212 review by Hughes & Kettner

Hughes & Kettner: Warp 7 212

Purchased from: Musicstore - Cologne

I played it with an Ibanez GRX 70 with EMG 81 humbuckers. This metalguitar combines with the amp has a power that you would never expect from a combo amp. The warp channel has a brutal, heayvy distorted sound with excellent basses. The mids can sound a little muddy when you turn up the volume to 3/4, but that's barely recognizeable. The clean channel is pretty good as well. At very high volume it sounds slightly distorted. With full volume, bass and treble the combo is far too loud for playing at home, and certainly loud enough for smaller gigs.

I play mostly metal (in my band) and the amp fits perfectly to thisn style of music, as it was specially designed for it. I played this amp for 3 month now, combined with my Ibanez GRX70 with EMG 81 pickups. Everybody can handle the amp, it's easy to get along with the knobs and the footswitch. I would certainly buy this amp again, if I am still interested in metal then. For people who play more classic rock, this amp is the wrong choice, but for people who like hard music, this amp is the first choice. The only thing that I could criticize is, that it is so big and heavy, but that's the problem with every halfstack and big 2speaker combos. Summed up, this amp is perfect for people who want a great amp for heavy music for a great price.

The amp is very reliable. It never broke down, and I sometimes use it 5 hours a day. This durability comes from the brutal noise it can make. You never have to push the amp to it's borders. I would play (and have played) smaller gigs with this amp and it never let me down. It will be your best friend.

The Hughes & Ketnner Warp 7 212 is a very good transistor combo amp for heavy music and downtuned guitars. It has 100 Watts and 2 12" speakers in a huge housing. It's also available with 1 speaker (Warp 7 112). It has 2 channels (clean and warp). The warp channel is a really heavy overdrive with fat basses and screamings trebles. It's perfect for NuMetal and Metal. You can switch the channels with a footswitch (comes with the amp). The amp hasn't gotany features you don't need, but the features it has, are more than satisfying for this price range. I use the amp in my band, and with the volume at half it is more than loud enough for practising. It's even big enough for smaller to middle-sized stages, and you can add another speakerbox and a poweramp to it. For practising at home, it has a headphone jack.

joerock33
    this amp kicks ass,i tour with it,never had any problemswe play in drop-b tuning so its perfect.
    Valentine109
    Loving the amp! It really compliments any down tuning and the use of the 7-String for the low tone. Easily worth the money.