GTA 10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GTA 10

I must admit, I was extremely surprised with the sound quality. Whilst it was still terrible, the overall tone was moderate and using the gain in moderation you can get a nice rock tone. Low gain is awful, it is extremely dry due to no effects. In the equalization there seems to be no trouble with too much bass or treble, just turn treble up two ticks from the bass when playing rock. It cannot get very loud without breaking up, so again I advise against low gain. At full gain it is moderate, I'll leave it at that. Keep the volume down for best crunch.

I play most styles, this amp is terrible for Acoustic and clean rock, but great for rockn'roll and hard blues, you just need intuitive thinking when it comes to equalization control. I've been playing for about a year and a half, I've used the infamous 120 dollar Squire Stratocaster and the low-end Ibanez GIO on it, the Gio obviously worked a lot better and suited the amp quite well, I got a variety of tones for rock, blues, jazz, etc. If it were broken I wouldn't buy it again, seems like a waste of money at this point, but it definitely pays for itself in a month or two. Other than everything I've said, it could REALLY use, even an awful, reverb knob, it would improve the clean so much. If you just want something to plug into, get this amp. If you want to sound nice in front of people, save your money you cheap bastard. :)

The one inch thick layer of a protective shell does an amazing job, I've had this amp for 2 years, I've dropped it about three times and it is in perfect condition. Not a scratch on it. Unfortunately, it is too quiet to gig with unless you're playing without a band in a very small room. I've never had problems with it.

There is equalization, volume and gain, an input jack and a headphone jack. They skinned off all the features on this amp, they did it well though, I'm impressed with the equalization. There are no channels, unless you count the gain knob. This is a 100% practice amp, I highly suggest against using it anywhere other than your bedroom, it can get pretty loud for $30 though. The speaker is quite cheap as well, but what do you expect?

Sixty9
    I got this with my Ibanez Jumpstart pack. It's pretty horrible. In my opinion, the distortion is pretty horrible.