IBZ10 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Ibanez: IBZ10

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Im using an Ibanez Iceman (which is really sad because the guitar is awesome!!!) on this thing...and without distortion that amp delivers pretty well. But again with it on..EWWWW...it's not even somewhat sorta nice. One thing I can say is that it projects pretty damn well for such a small amp...at least for a practice setting.

I play rock, roughly in the same genre as Dave Grohl and his band...so this amp is not really meant for me in the first place. However, If I ever need to hear the guitar without distortion, this is a nice amp to plug into. And seeing how Im such a clutz, the fact that it can take a major beating is really nice for someone such as myself. Then again, if it were stolen, outside of a few minutes of pissed, I'd go and get a better amp. If you're really desperate for an amp to practice on and really low on cash, I guess this would be a decent amp to own....but if you have the cash, by a Marshall, or Randall, or something better.

Now heres where wear and tear comes into play...Outside of a nob thats missing..this amp has been dropped countless times, on countless surfaces, from countless heigths...AND THE THING STILL WORKS JUST LIKE WHEN I FIRST GOT IT!!!! Kudos for the creators over at Ibanez As for using it as a back-up in a setting other than practice...um I don't think it'd be all the great...unless your in a Jazz band...

I know this amp (which is about 4 years of age) is only a practice amp and nothing more...but there is not much to go off of from this thing. Its got your run of the mill overdrive switch...but even at best...It's really hard to differentiate any notes coming out of it when thats turned on. But hey, I guess If you're in a rock band who practices without actually listening to their songs...HERE'S AN AMP FOR YOU!!!