IBZ10 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 2.8 Junky
Ibanez: IBZ10

Purchased from: All Star Guitar

I generally use this with my Jackson DK2M running passive SD humbuckers, or my Fender Jaguar with Twin Fender made Dragsters. Its tone is crummy, but its clean and clear, when you turn it up it hisses though. The jack is a BITCH I need to force a sock between the corner piece and the jack to keep it held down so that t dosent buzz and crackle. It's super touchy.

I have been playing guitar for only about 2 years now, I don't play with a band, I don't record, I Jam occasionally with friends, I want to familiarize myself thoroughly with the instrument. I write my own songs but I'm still learning. That said this amp dose suit me, its an excellent practice amp. It serves its purpose and it's money well spent. This dosent erase the fact its a shit amp, but it works, at the moment my friend is borrowing it as a replacement for his Fender transistor amp (65 watter I think) it finally crapped out on him. My main amps are a Fender transistor Rumble 100 bass amp for bass and my 100 watt Carvin Vintage guitar amp, with a 12 inch celestion speaker. If I lost it I probably wouldn't notice to be honest. I have another amp I got for the same price that I can carry on my belt that runs on 9Vs. That lil thing has a better OD.

NEVER EVER EVER EVVVVEERRRR will I use this on a gig. No one in their right mind would, its not even loud enough for garage punk. But aside from the jack it works the same as it did the day I got it.

I have no idea what year this amp is, all I know is it is a really great practice amp, or if I want to go Jam with my friends I can just pick it up and go, after unplugging it of course. But it is very weak, but what ca you expect from ten measly watts. Its still loud enough to get your ears ringing in a small room or at least surprise someone in a medium sized one. I don't mess with the EQ settings, and it has a little OD (overdrive not overdose) button that turns on this ok distortion sound, I avoid that. I already have a good sized amp in my room, I just take this with me to Jam with friends.

twocubes
    I've had one of these for years, and have recently started a mod with it. I've removed the circuit-board from the original cabinet, and removed the aux and headphone jacks (bridged the connections), am currently in the process of replacing the on/off and dist switches with nice chunky toggle switches, and will be re-painting the front panel w orange-esque graphics. To finish it off I'll mount it into a small red-vinyled enclosure and solder a speaker output jack to the outputs. I've been running it with an output jack into a 1x12 external cab, and with the addition of a boss DS-1 it sounds potent. Great for drop-tuning and hard rock rhythm playing. Is it worth modding it so extensively? No, but it is quite a lot of fun if you're so inclined.
    GuitarBum2
    I wish all my guitar players would use a small amp like this one. Reason being, a mic to the PA puts the guitar in balance with the mix and the guitarist can pump it through their monitor mix for stage instrument level.