IBZ10G review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IBZ10G

Purchased from: BAMBAM Music

Using factory Ibanez pickups on my GAX30, the sample presets on the amp require a bridge pickup combo with the exception of the 'clean' setting which requires the centre pickup. The overdrive effects adds this crunchy metal sound, if on a higher tone then it's a sharp metal sound. Its nice to play around with the EQ to define a type of tone you wish you play with. At first the amp was very noisy, I played with a poor quality lead and in the living where alot of electrical interferences with the guitar pickup caused really bad noise. I fixed this by investing in a better lead and playing in a room where there wasn't as much electrical interferences with my guitar pickup. The clean channel works very well and sounds great if correct EQ and volume is used, the distortion though can get nasty and I rarely use it. Its better to invest in a proper effects unit if you are looking for a good overdrive, but if you can't then the amp's own will do you fine.

I've played for beginner guitar books and this suited me fine, I play rock and this worked well. This is a new amp (less then 2 months) and in that time it has played along really good. For a 10W amp this has a lot of neat functions that other 10W amps don't have, the overdrive and CD input is handy but it would have wanted more power. I highly recommend this for beginners who are looking for a accompanying them with their electric guitar.

This amp is just suited for guitar practise or for beginners, I don't recommend it for gig use but it would come in handly if your gig amp broke along with the effects. Mine is still pretty new so theres no damage what so ever, I have banged it around a couple of times but no harm came from that. I also carried it on a trip in a big back pack and it didn't break the knobs or tubes (provided that I took some caution in transporting it). It's really not a good idea to bang your equipment around due to high risk of damage.

This amp is bundled with my Ibanez GAX30 Guitar, a small compact suitable for new guitarists. 10W of power is enough, though 15W would of been better. The overdrive effects is really nice as well since most 10W amps don't come with that.