IBZ10G review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Ibanez: IBZ10G

Purchased from: Burlington's Musicians Pro Shop

I'm using the guitar that came in the package, the Ibanez Gio or Gio Ibanez GRX-40. I've also tried my friends Kramer Focus on it. Stock pickups from both guitars. It sounded okay, but nothing too special. As I said earlier, it fits a few of the styles I play, but not as well as I need. I find that the cleans aren't too noisy even with the volume all the way up, but if you push the treble over 0 then it's pretty noisy. The clean channel doesn't get distorted at high settings. It has overdrive, but not distortion, but the overdrive is pretty brutal. If put too loud, it sounds horrid.

This is a good starters amp, and my only amp at the time. I've been playing for 7 months, and am looking for a new amp. If this were stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it, I would get something better, probably the Roland Cube 60 or the Peavey Valveking or the Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

I've had this amp for 7 months. Nothing is really wrong with it yet, but it does make some strange noises if it's on too long. This is due to me leaving it on all day sometimes. I would not use this amp at a gig at all. Not loud enough. It's pretty durable, I've dropped it a few times and it still plays and looks fine.

This amp came with the Ibanez GRX-40 package. I mainly play punk, some metal, rock, and some pop punk. It works for the pop punk sound, and a little bit for rock, but personally, I don't think it's that great for metal or punk. Comes with overdrive on the amp, it's not that great though. Has 1 headphone jack, CD in, and bass, middle, and treble equalizers. I use this amp mainly for practice, but right now it also has to work for me at band practices until I can get a better one. It's pretty loud if you turn everything up, but it still is hard to hear over drums and will sound like crap. Personally, I think it needs more power, but it's small, and easy to carry, so that's one plus.

Mcrfan1992
    ugh this amp is alright but id rather have the Line 6 Spider II amp... i play a lot of distortion and varie to clean/vibrato.... but this amp rely does suck for the most part because no matter what you can not get a vibrating bass sound out of it (clean or distorted)...it seems just like an oversized First-Act amp... DONT BUY IT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.