IBZ10G review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IBZ10G

Purchased from: Firehouse Guitars

I am using it with an Ibanez Ijx40 with H/S/S. It sounds good on clean, and the distortion is much better than most amps in a starter kit. It is a little noisy with the gain all of the way up, but not to bad. It has a pretty wide variety of sounds, clean, crunchy, natural overdrive, and heavy distortion. It has Gain, Volume, Bass, Middle and treble knobs.

I play rock and metal, and this works well, but if you are a beginner, or don't need a big amp, I would recommend this for any type of music. I have been playing over a year, and this is my only amp, I have played others though. I love the distortion with my DigiTech Death Metal pedal. I compared it with a Squier 10 Watt, and the distortion was horrible. The only thing I wish it had was effects. Overall this is a great begginer, or bedroom amp.

I have had it over a year, and has yet to fail me. It is a little small to use at a gig, but if I had to, I would without a backup. It seems pretty solid overall, it has no tubes, so you don't need to worry about those. Also the knobs seem to be made well.

The Ibanez 10G has 10 watts of output, and a 6.5 inch Power Jam speaker. It has Input, CD In and Headphone jacks. I play mostly rock and metal, and it sounds good, it came with a starter kit and sounds better than most amps in other starter kits. I use this amp in my bedroom and it has plenty of power. I wish it had some effects.

guitarist41
    fastmguy wrote: proguitarist11 wrote: zyxdragon wrote: why would someone make a review of this amp? amen. wut a fag whoever did this. this amp blows anus. get a real amp seriously guys which of you started with a marshall stack? theres no point investing in a great amp if you dont know youre gonna stick with it. Thus the term BEGINNER AMP. At least i thought the reviews were clear enough to state it was a beginner amp. whatever.
    +1! Those guys are idiots.
    proguitarist11
    zyxdragon wrote: why would someone make a review of this amp?
    amen. wut a fag whoever did this. this amp blows anus. get a real amp
    IndieMetalhead
    "The cabinet has an open back design for your low end response while the 3-band EQ keeps your highs intact." erm, you get better bass response from a ported cab with closed backs
    maiden owns
    this amp is great for beginners but for real players line 6 is the best distortion
    Angelus Mortem
    Ibanez just really does not make junk. Yes, this is OBVIOUSLY a beginner/practice amp. 10 Watts tells the tale there *duh*. I own a Guitar ( soon 2 be 2 guitars and 1 bass ) and Chorus pedal from Ibanez that are WELL worth what i paid for them.