IBZ10G review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Ibanez: IBZ10G

Purchased from: Guitar World - Perth, Rockingham

I like to play with lots of overdrive but when you turn the overdrive up on this amp you hear a lot of background noise and a loud hum. Plus the overdrive doesn't work to great on this amp. The distortion it creates doesn't make it worth considering for anything other than for practicing on your own with in a small room. The equalizer on it is alright, it allows a more distorted sound. The guitar I have is also Ibanez but they don't sound that great together.

There is really only one thing I like about this amp; it's light and compact, therefore is easy to transport. There is only one thing I wish I had asked before buying this amp and that is: "Can I get a different one?" So basicly if it was lost or stolen I would claim insurence and buy a better amp. It really needs a nicer overdrive. It is really a begginers amp, but still has it's uses as a practice amp.

I wouldn't use it at a gig for two reasons: it wouldn't be loud enough and the sound isn't too crash hot. I would only use it at agig if I had no other choice. It hasn't ever had anything wrong with it and it's a strong build but it's just not that great an amp.

The IBZ10G is a practice amp, plain and simply. It doesn't really suite me as I can't get a really heavy distortion on it. The two channels it has are overdrive and clean. To switch channels you have to stop playing and press a tinny button to turn the overdrive on or off so I just use a pedal. It has a headphone jack along with a CD player jack. Really the amp is good but I think the sound could do with a tune up. You can get it really loud but you start hearing things that aren't meant to be amplified when you turn it right the way up. It's pretty solid and can deal with some dropping (I wouldn't recommend it though).

Nanobotter
    I wouldnt consider this a begginer amp cus it isnt. This is a practice amp, that's why it's small, so you can carry it easily around. This is one of the best 10 watt amps you could get for "practice".
    1neeto
    This amp is great for what it is. Not many amps in this price range have a gain knob or even a 3 band eq. This amp is grey for apartment dwellers and it can get a bit loud for what it is! Oh yeah for distortion, get a digitech metal master pedal. Sounds great with this amp even at low volumes, which is exactly what this amp is for. Low volume practicing.
    omega19983
    IBZ10G is the first amp I bought...its good though.. Wish it had more effects... P.S. xorry for being selfish....hehehe
    mannerohardy
    i bought this amp just for practical only not so bad still good for use in home only xD