IBZ3 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Ibanez: IBZ3

Purchased from: olx.com.pk

I'm using a Yamaha ERG121C plus Zoom g2.1u, its a strong combination plus a cheap one. For my musical style (judging the amp alone without the processor). It can give me clean rhythms, a nice distorted blues solo, or even a nice distorted rock solo. The equalizers are great and the amount of treble you can get out of this amp its amazing. But metal, nah! The mids are a bit week, and the base is decent as well. I didn't have a case of noisiness its okay in that part. The boost button + the gain knob provides the distortion, it can't get brutal, but for a light distortion it will do the job.

I play metal and for the price range its good for an amplifier. If used with a proper pedal\processor it can get a good sound. I honestly use mine as a speaker and let the processor do the tone shaping. It's 24 watt and it can give a powerful output especially if you're jamming with friends or playing in a small band. If it was lost, I would move on although if I were looking for just a cheap amplifier whose only job is to amplify, I would buy it again. The tone is sharp, trebly, clean, that's the best thing about this amp. But anyway its serves it's purpose of being a good cheap amplifier.

YouTube preview picture

I got the amp second hand (that's why the cheap price 25$=2500pkr rupees). My boost button doesn't works properly because after its stays in boost even after I push the button again, I have to pull the button out. So I can't play with it live, it goes into boost mode anytime it wants. But its durable its got these big rubber pads on its corners which can take a lot of damage. But there is a lot of tear damage on mine, because the skin of the amp is made out of some kind of leather, which can rip easily if it comes into contact with anything sharp.

The amp is pretty great I like the sharp trebbly tone it can give out. I believe it was made in Korea (well duh there's Korean written on the back). It has three band equalization a gain channel and a small boost button, plus the amp is 24 watt which is loud enough for jamming with friends. I play mostly metal with a little bit of blues and rock. The amp can easily power them all (note: I use a Zoom G2.1U for tones), but without the effects processor it would give out a distorted rock tone but you can get a half decent metal tone out of it, but not that great. The amp has a output headphone jack.

TenaciousCarrot
    HOLYSANTACLAUSSHIT HOW IN SANTAS NAME DID THIS GET 7.3
    ibanez_freq_777
    Well I guess for 25 bucks ya can't go wrong, but still. There's shoddy tone and then there's tone which makes my ears beg for mercy lol. The tone that I heard out of that amp is definately on the latter end of things lol. It's definately less than I spent on my Crate at Cash Converters, so I guess I can't fault ya. I would recommend the Crate GX-30M (30 Watt 1x12 open-back combo w/ reverb and somewhat useable chorus) if you can find one in a pawn shop or something. One word of advice, though is that you should invest in a good distortion pedal if you plan to play anything close to metal on a GX-30, as it just won't hack it on it's own, but the clean channel is the best I've heard in a solid-state amp in this price range and handles effects really well. Have a good one.
    ibanez_freq_777
    Judging from the youtube video, I'd say even my 30 watt Crate is better than this POS, which isn't saying much. It's only got one workable channel (volume pot on the distortion channel broke) and the chorus sucks, but it's still better than this piece of crap.