TB100H review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB100H

Purchased from: loval music store

I am using a Gibson SG 1961 Reissue with this along with a Carvin 1981 with M-22 pickups in it and let me tell you this has such great bottom end when distortion is cranked up. Can have the gain on 10 and it'll still have a great smooth tone. Sounds great at low volume, medium volumes, and even when cranked way up. Quiet amp with little to no feedback. It fits my style perfectly because I like to get a a heavy distortion with great classic tone and it emulates it perfectly, but this amp is deinately good for all styles of music. My dad who only plays blues music even loves this amp. So it's very versatile. The clean channel is very clean and there's a crunch button that you can use that when cranked up sounds alomost like a '60s early '70s distortion. It is useful when playing along with Ac/Dc because now I can at least have a clean distorion to play with them. The distortion is really good sounding but I do want to get an Ibanez TS9 Reissue Tubescreamer to add to the distortion just because I love the way the ts9's sound especially the way Kirk Hammet sounds with it.

I play classioc rock, blues and punk and nu metal sometimes, but mostly hard rock and metal and alternatve rock, and this amp is a good match for all of those styles. I have been playing for 2 years and I practice around 4-6 hours a day. I also play on couple of Marshall combo amps that are 90 watts each and this thing can compete with those but I cant play in the band with those cuz those are my dad's amps. I'm very satisfied and happy I bought this halfstack. I would definately buy it again if it were lost stolen, or broken. I love the cabinets the msot about it because they are so good sounding and they are only 300 dollars, if you're looking for a good sounding cheap cab the Iabnez Tone Blaster 100H cabs are the way to go, you can't go wrong. There's nothing I necessarily hate about it but later on I will upgrade the head to a Marshall or Mesa Boogie or a Randall. The feature that I like that it has is the 4 or 8 ohm setting and the mono and stereo setting but my fav feature is the headphone input where I can play when everyone's asleep. I compared it to some of the Marshall's and Randall's, and pretty everything in it's price range and I liked this one the best over all of the other amps. I chose this one because it suited my style the most and plus because it was the most versatile amp out of all of the other one's that I tried out. For $600 you cannot go wrong or even if you buy just the cab for 300 or the head for 300 you can't go wrong. I love this half stack!

I just bought it so I don't know how reliable it is but I've they are very reliable and so I'm guessing it's reliable. I would use it on a gig without a backup. The front messing on it is fragile so that's one thing to look out for on it but that's not a big deal.

This amp was made in the year 2003. This is a very versatile amp as I play a wide variety of music. Gets a great Metallica sound when used with heavy distortion and then with lighter settings can get a great blues tone and even a little Hendrix tone but obviously no one can emulate his tone. It has 2 footswitchable channel with an effects loop and it has a headphone jack whihc is great so I can use it at night time when everyone is sleeping. It has 100 watts of solid state amp it has a crunch circuit on clean channel and an independant active 3-band EQ. You can change it from stereo to mono too which is cool and you can change it from 8 to 4 ohms. The only effect it has built inot is reverb which is ok to me because I don't really like to use effects when I'm playing except for a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah.