TB100H review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB100H

I use a Kramer Voyager when I'm with the band, and an IOMMI SG! and a kkv. I have been known to play my bass through this amp too.I play metal. This amp is LOUD and good for heavy music, but the clean channel gets really loud also with out distorting. I thought that was pretty cool. Head came with a footswitch for +/-20 Db of boost, channel, midshift, and reverb. The head has a cool compartment in the back that you can but the footswitch and chords in. It does feedback like a lot but that actually sounded real good on the recording. Kinda hissy but when you play it's gone. Brutal distortion. Better Than Marshall in my musical opinion.

In conclusion: I owned the 2x12 combo of this head for 6-8 years, then my co-guitarist got a half stack. SO tired of getting drowned out I hit up craigslist to find a halfer and saw one that matched my old Ibanez, So in a way I bought it again with out it even being stolen? I do compare it to other products every chance I get. NOTHING in the same price range can do it justice I'm afraid. I just like the heavy bassy sound I acheive. My friend's Laney half stack has that Vintage sabbath sound and I'm on the other side of it with our future metal sound it works out great because you can really tell whos Who in the recordings.

I use it every friday w/out a backup. Never done me wrong. I was going to go with one of those Marshall Dfx piles, man those things just sound too digital or something, plus I had to sit there dialing in noise to get to a decent sound. My Ibanez sounds agreeable how-ever I set it.

I play metal. Dethklok, Randy Rhodes, Black Sabbath, all that. It does have channel switching between the clean and overdrive. One interesting feature is that the controls on this head are exactly backwards compared to the 2x12 combo of this model (TB100R). Effects loop and Headphone jack. Solid State and I'm not ashamed of that. Oh it's got plenty enough power for me this thing is a wall of sound.

Yeah i played this amp with the Ibanez 4x12 cabinet and it sounded huge,even at low volume...huge!Realy good for Death Metal,Black Metal or any Extreme metal believe me