TB100H review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB100H

Purchased from: Craigslist!

I currently use a shecter omen 6, Ibanez RG, and an Epi Explorer that I personaly made my self. Both the Shecter and Ibanez unfortunately have stock pickups but the Epi has EMG's. From a wide range of sounds the amp gives, they all sound like an angel's voice coming out of a baby's face :). It's not that bad with feedback unless you have the gain up like incredibly high(9-10). But I use my Boss ds1 to kinda fix that, doesn't completely get rid of the problem but it helps. Like I said it only has two channels but you can tweak them to make them sound differently. If you blare the clean as loud as possible you do get a sort of rough sound to it but it could be just my speakers. As for the distortion, it could be sharp rather then muffled but it's a sounds a lot alike my DS1 pedal.

Again I play a variety of styles and it fits for all of them, so it's a great match for me. I've been playing for a few years now and I've only played on a handful of HS'(Fender's Marshal's Crate's & Line6). And I personally think it sounds just as good if not better then 3/4 amps I've tried. Before I actually bought the amp I sort of wished...well....That's a hard one. I don't think I missed anything I needed to know, it's a great starter stack seeing as everything is pretty self explanatory on the thing. If it got stolen I'd be a little confused on how I didn't notice a nearly 4ft tall amp leave my house, but I think I'd get the amp again. It was either this amp or a Line 6 and the only reason I chose this amp was because of the money. I believe Line 6's are a better company for amps, but that's my opinion. Only thing I wish the amp had besides more features was an audio input jack for my ipod. But other then that I LOVE this amp.

Like I said I bought this amp off Craigslist. As I try loading the amp into the car, I dinged the hell out of it. Not that I mind or anything, I personally think it gives it character. I don't think it's horrible when it comes to durability, but I think the speakers made of plywood. It's never affected the sound or anything along those lines, but it has shattered my hopes of backflipping off it on stage... *tear*. The amp sounds like a Brand New Fender HS I played in my local GuitarCenter. Obviously it's kinda old, but it's still got a few years left it in. I don't think I'd bring a backup on a gig, not because I don't think I'd need one but I would be able to afford it. Besides I trust it not to blow up on me mid-gig. 9 for the awesomeness of the amp, but a 6 for the plywood cabinet.

I'd like to say before you continue reading this article that this is my first actual review, but I've played guitar and other instruments for a few years now so I'm not some 12 year old trying to make frontpage. Anyway. I don't actually know what year it was made, but without a doubt it's possibly the best amp I've used in a long time. Granted it's not a 4 grand amp, but for the price I paid for it it's perfect. I The amp itself covers everything I need. I play a lot of music ranging from blues to metal, mostly hard rock though. It has only 2 channels (Distorted and Clean). It came with a Channel switch pedal which also has a boost and reverb pedal. Which is also kinda nice seeing as I got to get rid of some pedals off my board. It also includes a headphone jack which was something I kind of didn't expect on a half stack but hey I'm not complaining. Something it also has is a pull shift middle knob which was cool. I kinda wish it had a bit more settings to toy with but nevertheless it's worth every penny I paid for it.

beforethethrone
    I rock this thins through a Crate cab with Jensen Mod 12" speakers and this thing sounds GREAT for only $200. I play mostly metal (Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Whitechapel) and with the boost on all you need is the gain at about 5 or 6 to get good tones like that. For band practice I have this thing set to about Four on the volume and it covers drums EASY. If you're looking for a cheap head for metal music get this asap.
    HLAdude1
    This is my first half stack. I'm a vocalist who's been messing around on guitar playing death metal. I have a 1x15 peavey viper which I really like, but I obviously can't gig with that. The tone I get from the viper is kinda a brown sound with a lot of low and mid and very little highs. I really like that tone and I can kinda get that tone with this amp. It's a little trebely but for 250 I'm not complaining especially since it's my first real amp.
    Tankebull
    First of all, I am a vintage Marshall guy. I needed something to practice in the house with and picked this head up. Holy S^%t!!! This Solid State amp is a Beast!!! I would try it live.....