TB25 review by Ibanez

Purchased from: Feedback Rotterdam

3 years long did I use it with a Ibanez GSA60 guitar, but since a month or 2 do I now have a Epiphone Gothic Explorer. I absolutely love the clean channel of the amp. Very powerfull, raw if needed, but also very versatile. I mainly play heavy metal (Black Sabbath, Metallica etc) and while playing clean songs, it sure sounds very well. Both guitars do by the way. But then the overdrive. It sure isn't my favorite. If you turn the gain a bit high (5 and higher) does it sound very sharp and not that "overdriven." And when you don't play guitar, a high "beep" sound turns up. So for real distortion would I recommend a effectpedal like one of Boss (a DS1/2 Overdrive or a MT2 Metalzone). What doesn't say that the overdrive is nuts. It can be very powerfull but it doesn't sound that like you want too. But overal is the sound not bad at all. Again a 4.

For playing pop, rock and metal is this amp a damn good match. I prefer the TB25 above a Fender/Marshall amps I tried. It's warm, crunchy, creamy, powerful and really versatile. The sound the amp makes is very satisfying, the clean channel is really good for a amp this price. For overdrive/distortion: buy a nice effectpedal. But for the rest: great amp. Spend 150 euro (or less) and you get a very nice amplifier. And with spending 200 euro's more for a Ibanez guitar do you have a great set to start with! Overall, a well deserved 5!

In the nearly 4 years that I use this amp, did it never had any problems or failures. It has never broke down, the TB25 is really a nice reliable amp. I sometimes (when it's possible) play on nearly or full power, and you just get the sound you want. I never have any trouble with it. I play up to 2-3 hours a day and it never let me down. For gigging no thanks I would take a more powerfull amp. But I don't expect that people buy this amp for gigging so I give it a 5! Excellent reliability/durability!

My amp, the TB25, which is not the R (everb) was made in 2000 or 2001. I have it now for a around 4 years, and even after played on much better amps, I still like this Ibanez amp. It has 2 channels: overdrive and clean. You can adjust the sound by changing the amount of bass, middle and treble. I use the TB25 at home, and 3 times for playing/practise with my band. It has enough power for practising, for gigging would I recommend a more powerfull amp. But for beginners it's a very nice amp. I played on several Fenders and Marshalls with the same price of the Ibanez, but in my opinion has the TB25 a warmer and richer sound than those two. I give it a 4.