TB25R review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB25R

Purchased from: H&H music

I use a Squier Stratocaster from a starter kit since that's all I got. And the guitar ain't so good but the amp make its sound nice. It really suits any style I believe, metal, rock, slow soft rock, blues, country, jazz, but I mainly do metal and hard rock, which it is good for. It really has a mean overdrive once it gets past 5. So the distortion is brutal. It can't do the strange effects like wah or echo but it has a variety of distortion if you use the right settings. The clean channel is great. It's just perfect for country or anything clean. So I would say it sounds awsome too.

Overall it's a wonderfull amp. I have been playing for 2 years and I have a Squier Strat, an Ibanez distortion pedal (DS-7), and that's it. The distortion pedal and the amp really get along great. Like they were made for each other. If it were stolen, yes I would definately buy another one or something similar. My favorite feature is distortion and reverb, very nice. I really like this amp overall, no negitives about it for me. I chose it because really the other amps were wimpy and I wanted power and noise so I got this, it's not so big but it packs.

This amp I could depend on. I'm sure I could for a long time. I have had it for a half a year and it still sounds brand new. I could definatly use this at a gig with no backup. My old drummer used to love this amp because you can hear it well even over drums. The amp never has broken down and I don't expect it either. So I can really rely on it too.

I'm not exactly sure what year it was made in, possibly 2003 or 2004. First of all, second it was made in China. It is versitile for the style of music I play, mainly metal and rock. It has two channels, clean and OD, a headphone jack which you can use to get the sound from the amp to a computer or stereo, very cool. The amp is awesome so far it has everything I need, reverb, overdrive, bass, treble, middle, I use them all, you can make it do really cool sounds so I enjoy it. I have used it in garage bands I've been in and its loud. It definatly has the power I need for now. You can also store tuners or cables or anything in it since its hallow. So I would say features are great.