TB25R review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB25R

Purchased from: Discount Music

I'm using a Hamer Slammer with it. It suits my music style, as it can handle my grunge pedal and the distortion sounds awesome. It isn't noisy, but at times with treble all the way up it can have a little noise. The amp can make a good variety of sounds. The distortion can't go very brutal, but it definitely satisfies my distortional taste. Oh yeah, but don't expect to be able to use this amp without a pedal of some kind. By this I mean if you just plug your guitar in the amp, and use the amp's distortion, the distortion sucks.

I play hardcore music most of the time. This is a pretty good match for me. I've been playing for almost a year. I use this amp with my grunge pedal. There isn't anything I wish I had asked before buying it. If this was stolen/lost, I would buy it again. I love that this is big enough so it can be loud enough. It's awesome. This amps rules!

This amp can definitely be depended on. I would use it at a gig without a backup. The amp has never broken down. I have actually dropped the amp twice and was a good enough drop to do some damage, but this baby withstood it with no side effects, works like new.

I don't know what year the amp was made in. The amp seems to be versatile enough for me and my styles of music, which is hardcore rock, but occasional blues. Lots of everything kind of, but mainly like Chimaira, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, etc. The features seem to be fine. This guitar has a headphone jack, which is very useful as my family has been getting pissed at me lately for playing too much. This amp has plenty of power for me. It never goes beyond 1/3 of the volume. I'm sure at my first gig it will be able to be heard. But keep in mind the gig would be a small one, this wouldn't be able to handle humongous crowds.

Shinozoku
    Best practice amp for a Pantera tone, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a warmer distortion, but I'm in no hurry. this is probably one of the best practice amps out there for a metal guitarist. Or at least it was when I got mine (I chose it over a Line 6). If you so choose to use the distortion (I hear nothing wrong with it, although I intend to invest in a Rocktron Silver Dragon), then I suggest you get a 1 button footswitch with a 1/4 inch plug for it. It's got a very clear sound to it, nice and defined, even when I have the gain cranked to 10. Add a little reverb to it (I keep mine on 2-3) and it adds some depth to both channels.
    Shapakastina
    Do any of ye people have the limited edition one? pretty much identical, except for the looks... Cant find any pics on the net (why.. WHY?!!)If so, please post a pic
    stenchbump
    I'm getting this amp on July 10. and I'm looking forward to it, especially if you can do pantera tones on it:o)