TB25R review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TB25R

I am using the Ibanez SA260FM, though I have also tried it with an Aria guitar. I find for distortion, you always want the back pickups, maybe the middle for fast alternate picking. For clean you are definately looking at playing the front and middle pickup combined, this gives the best sound for clean with this amp. It suited me very well, for practising heavy and clean songs. It's a surprisingly versatile amp and it works well and will give you any basic sounds. The clean settings are fine no matter what the volume. If you want to use distortion, go ahead, this little amp can pack quite a punch.

Be it my metal distortion songs or my clean acoustic sounding songs, this amp has been great. I've been playing for 9 months, but have progressed very quickly. I own a Line 6 amp, which after you've warmed up on this wonderful little Ibanez amp, I advise to get, it's got everything you will EVER need in an amp. I also own an Ibanez SA260FM guitar with sperzel heads (I'd go for them if I were you), and it is a lovely guitar, suprisingly good I think you'll find. I'm going to invest in a gem soon. If stolen or lost I would go for a better amp if I felt I wanted to continue guitar, as like I have said before, it is a great practise amp and if I were you I would keep it even after getting a better amp for practising with freinds and such. My favourite feature is it's ability to adapt very well to different styles of music. I played things like enter sandman, canon rock, stairway to heaven, the hell song and it's diverse enough to cover all of the range of sounds experienced in the song. However, the reason I advise not to use it in gigs (largish) is because it's not loud anough, and even if you do put the volume high enough, if you are using any sound of overdrive it will not sound good. This is a very reliable, diverse, durable practise amp. It suits it's purpose very well.

It is very dependable, I almost guarantee it wont break if you don't physically bash it in. I have sprayed silly string all around the inside of the amp before and it had no effect whatsoever. it's casing also gives it enough cushioning against bumps and bruises. For all the time I have had it, it's sound quality hasn't decreased in the slightest.

The amp is great for beginners, cheap and reliable. It performs well when playing metal, blues and flamenco, however you might find it doesn't pick up the highest e string as well as others. If you're just starting out and want an amp to test on, this is it. It has overdrive and clean. it's has overdrive volume and gain, clean volume, middle, bass, reverb, treble, a headphone jack and a pedal jack. It's light and thus portable, it's great for practicing with freinds on the weekends. It is not powerful enough to play at a decent sized gig full stop. You will want a bigger amp for this, at least 50 watts.

b_d_charlie
    Hi guys, I've been using this amp for abaout 4yrs in the church without any problem. only recently it give way. No sound come out from the speaker. I do some troubleshooting. I check the speaker ok. I connect headphone and ok. Can anyone tell me what wrong?.. thanks in advance.... p/s: I tried DIY before sending to repair shop....