TBX150H review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TBX150H

Purchased from: Casa Veerkamp

I have two guitars, a cheap Squier affinity series with 3 single coils and a low profile Jackson (made in India). I was thinking about selling my Squier until I got this amp. It really makes it SCREEEAM and still getting clear tones in both clean and hot channel. On the other hand, the Jackson guitar doesn't sound that good on clean settings (because of the humbucker pickups, that's obvious) but squeals on the hot channel! Amazing tones out of this head. The distortion is the main feature of this amp and believe me, it's INSANE. It really makes few noise considering the amount of distortion you can get out of it. (I have the matching cab)You have 3 band eq in both channels, both with independent volumen, eq and reverb. The hot channel also includes a double knob (that's how I call it) which is a middle frequency knob with freq and level control wich really allows you to tweak differnt tones.

As I have already said, I play different kinds of metal, rock, etc. It really gets the job done. I have been playing for about 5 years I think. I also own a Boss MT-2 which I never use with this amp, it delivers all the distortion I need. In the FX Loop I use a Boss BF-3 Flanger; it sounds very cool with crazy flanging settings; an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah and a MXR Carbon Copy Delay ( Sometimes I use it directly into the amp because it colours a lil' bit the tone because of the analong sounds and I like it) If this amp got stolen I would buy something different honestly..because I bought here in Mexico and it is way more expensive (That Sucks!).

I have never had to deal with it. So I can give it a 10; ) I Have Had This Amp For More Than A Year Though... Never had problems with it, until now... Have had problems with it because of my cheap cables, but it has nothing to do with the amp.. As I'm just a teenager, I don't have a backup amp (Money... Anyone? ), I just plug in this baby on stage and it sounds amazing.

First of all, it is a solid state amp, But A Good One. I really feel it gives a good overall sound that makes it versatile, not only for metal stuff but it lets get nice clean tones, blues tones in the overdrive channel and obviously some tasty metal tones out of the hot channel! I mainly play heavy metal, prog metal, thrash metal, prog rock, hard rock, classic rock, blues..well a lot of stuff and it does them all very well. It has 2 channels, both with independent boost. Clean channel with a warm overdriven boost and the hot channel with a high gain boost for solos ) It also features a HUE knob (I Dunno What It Means) and it allows you to make your tone sound brighter or darker, nice feature. I use this amp in my house at low volumes 'cause it is a BEAST. When playing live I don't even crank it up, i turn the volume at 12:00 and it makes everyone get crazy. You have 3 band eq in both channels, both with independent volumen, eq and reverb. The hot channel also includes a double knob (that's how I call it) which is a middle frequency knob with freq and level control wich really allows you to tweak differnt tones.