TBX30R review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TBX30R

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I play an Epiphone G-400 (stock pickups) through it and it sounds decent. I wish I had bought a tube amp instead of a solid state. This amp is pretty good for a solid state, but like most SS amps, it sounds very digital and sterile. This amp does however suit all music styles. The feedback is fairly strong, so I get quite a lot of noise at higher gain, though it could just be my pickups.

This was my first (and my only) amp. It's great value, but even for beginners, I would recommend a low-wattage tube amp to start with. If you're not much of a tone freak and you're short on cash, this is a good buy. I wish I knew about tube amps before I bought this. At the store, I tried out a Line 6 Spider II 15W, and despite the features that the Line 6 boasted, the Toneblaster had more br00tal distortion, which suited my style nicely. All in all, a fairly good amp, but I would not buy this again.

Very reliable and durable amp. Has never failed on me. It looks very sturdy and hard-wearing. Requires almost zero maintenance, and it full of Ibanez quality. I don't gig but I cannot imagine that this Ibanez amp would ever break down on me. My school has several of these amps for studio use and for small performances and I have yet to see one of them break down.

- Made in China - 30W Solid state - Standard EQ control (bass, mids, treble) - 2 channels, clean and X (distortion) - Ability to use Ibanez footswitch (sold separately) - Headphone jack, CD/MP3 input jack. - Fairly versatile, can play good cleans and suits my playing style - Good for home practice, suitable for small gigs - Very good amp for its price All in all, this amp has all the features you would expect in an amp. It takes pedals well (I have an Ibanez WD7 wah pedal hooked up to it).