JCA20H Half-Stack review by Jet City Amplification

Jet City Amplification: JCA20H Half-Stack

Purchased from: guitar center

This is where the amp shines. I play an Epiphone les paul through it and it is on the brink of metal. In fact if you were going for just an 80s metal tone or classic rock tone, this is for you. All you have to do to get metal is run a pedal through it, and it takes pedals very well. Now if you want beautiful cleans this isnt the amp for you. It is fairly quiet though I've tried quieter.

I play anything from acdc to dokken to metallica and this amp does that all without even having to use a pedal. Although any harder than that and I'd get one. I wish this amp had reverb and two channels. It would be my favorite amp ever if it did. I chose this over a Bugera v5hd and a Blackstar something or another (it was crap)and this amp shone over them both. Although the Bugera does have much better cleans. I would definately buy this amp again if it was stolen.

This thing could go on the road and be very reliable. I would feel comfortable taking it to a gig without a backup. It has never broken down, although geting new tubes for it would be a major plus. I'm pretty sure I could drop this amp and it would be alright (don't try it it may not) because the tolex on it is made tough.

2009 Jet City jca20h half stack. Made in china. 1 channel, although a very versatile 1 channel amp. It has preamp/gain bass, middle, treble, volume and presence. I use it for small gigs and for 20 watts of all tube power it gets very loud. I would in fact change the speaker in the cab (if you get the jet city 1X12).

barden1069
    This is a kick-ass amp, and compared to other amps in the price range I would give it a 9 too. However, swapping tubes and doing a few simple mods (adding a choke, depth knob and clean channel) makes this amp get up there with other amps that cost 2 to 3 times as much.
    smunger
    Anyone have an opinion how this amp compares to a Soldano Astroverb 16? I think they have some of the same design specs, including the tube configuration. I believe Mike Soldano helped in the design. $900 difference in price between the heads!!
    JereGuitar
    I bought the head from a buddy of mine. This thing is fantastic! It's my first tube amp. I've been playing Crate for about the last 15 years or so (I like Crates btw) so it was a nice change of pace. The sound is warm and full. Thick and rich! I've read on their website that it is built for dirty playing but I think the clean is very nice. Nice & clear. I have played a Digitech rp1000 and Zoom G1M through it as well with FANTASTIC results. Pick one up! You won't be disappointed!