JCA2112RC review by Jet City Amplification

Jet City Amplification: JCA2112RC

Price paid: A$ 300

Purchased from: Thomman DE

I play three types of guitar from a metal monster Schecter to a made for blues Vintage Strat. I play all types of music, whatever I am in the mood for. This amp does it all. In my mind its the best amp I ever had. Its sound is to die for, from the lovely cleans to the buttery smooth distortion to the thundering metal sounds. Total tonal nirvana.

I love this amp over a Vox AC30, a Mesa Boogies Rectifier and a Marshall Class 5. The only other amp I have played that I love equally is the Ibanez Tube screamer. For the money there is nothing on this planet or the next that touches it.

YouTube preview picture

Never broken down. Its a sturdy case. I bought it online and the box looked like an elephant had done a dance on it. The amp had a few dents but it plays perfectly and has ever since.

Single channel, distortion, three channel EQ, Reverb, on off switch, what more do you need. Made in 2010. Totally versatile. One of the nicest sounds for for rock, blues, clean, whatever you throw at it. I wish it had an internal loop and a second channel then it would be perfect. The best tube amp for the money, even twice or thrice the money. If it cost me $500 it would get an 8. At the price I paid its a solid 10.

snshami
    Changelink93305 I read your review with interest. It is very detailed and you obviously are genuine. What is interesting is how your experiences relate to mine. I found my amp to be overwhelmingly awesome sounding. It is better than anything else in its price range. The sound is thick and creamy and stunning. Having said that I was at a store where they had one of these same amps that had really really bad sound. They sounded completely different and I suspect it had something to do with a faulty tube or something. I have heard close to around 8 or so of these amps all at different times and sometimes in different stores and all the others always sounded consistently really really good. In case you wonder why I was listening to so many of the same amp I have at home. The answer is obvious I was looking for a guitar and needed to play them through a familiar amp. There must be something to do with tube quality or biasing that causes variability to get the different experiences we both share. There is another thing I should add and that is the fact that you did buy this amp secondhand. There is a possiblity that this amp had been retubed or something else had gone wrong with it. Your other comment about its loudness is actually true. I have a 15W Ibanez Tubescreamer amp that is louder. Having said that loudness is not always related to power output. The sensitivity of the speaker plays a very big role. There is a logarithmic relationship between the two.