JCA5212RC review by Jet City Amplification

Jet City Amplification: JCA5212RC

Price paid: € 449

Purchased from: PMT

I use this amp with a Gibson Les Paul Junior (2010 model) with the P90 pickup. I play mostly classic rock. This amp suits classic rock very very well. It can handle Led Zeppelin-style sounds with gain on about 6. The amp is not noisy on any settings that I have tried so far, and it is versatile with nice cleans and a nice crisp overdrive. Like I said before, I haven't ever gigged with this, so I don't know what it'd be like past 12 o'clock on the volume, but it the sound gets better the more I turn it up, as you'd expect with a tube amp.

The bottom line is I love this amp. From the way it looks to the way it sounds. I've been playing for 3 years now, and I've only owned solid-state amps before, and this far far exceeds those (as you'd expect: I'm comparing it to a Line 6 Spider IV and a Marshall MG...). If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy another one if I could find it in the UK. The only thing it could really do with is a headphone jack, but that's just me being picky.

Having never gigged before, I don't know what to compare this to with regards to reliability/durability gig-wise, and nor do I know if I'd gig this without a backup. At the moment, my gut says it'd be fine in a gig situation. It seems sturdy and it seems well made.

The JCA5212RC (Jet City 50 combo) is a 2x12 all tube amp with spring driven reverb. This amp has two channels: a clean and a crunch channel. Both have their own EQ, so can be controlled individually adding versatility. The amp comes with a footswitch which switches reverb on or off and switches the channel. The amp also features an effects loop and 2x4ohm and 1x8ohm speaker outputs. Sadly, there is no headphone jack, however. The clean channel features volume, treble, bass and mid controls. The overdrive channels features volume, gain, treble, bass and mid controls. There is a global presence and a global reverb control too.

itamar100
    metalxsymphony
    itamar100 wrote: Pretty good review but you could have been more detailed about the sound. I really wanted this amp for my birthday but just before my birthday the only retailer in my country moved all of their stock to America
    Try a Blackstar too. I loved the Jet City amps I've tried, but loved the Blackstar even more.
    HenryB
    It is worth noting that I paid 449, not 449. I did make it , but it ended up in for some reason. @COREYTAYLOR721 - yes, they're designed by Soldano.
    Low Man's Lyric
    Is it suitable for hard rock and metal? Metallica, Megadeth, Accept, Motrhead, Saxon, Van Halen, ZZ Top? Does it take pedals well if the amp distortion ain't good?
    1273seant
    hi got one from Thomann sent it back ie output sounds less than a 15 watt, i rang jet city and they said all the volume taper is from 7 to 10 ,was very disappointed with headroom .