BlueLine 50R Review

manufacturer: Johnson date: 12/26/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Johnson: BlueLine 50R
It features dual individual overdrive and clean channel 3-band equalizers. These amps have spring reverb, built in footswitch, effects send/return, and high/low input jacks.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.6
 4,622
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
BlueLine 50R Reviewed by: SKarbu, on december 26, 2006

Purchased from: Musicum

Features: Made in 2005, this amp is a very versatile amp if you wanna play blues. Works fine for metal too. It's a solid state, it has 2 channel one is clean and one overdrive, it has effect loop, no headphone jack and it also has line put. Reverb with presence to add more variety to the reverb, I wish it had a headphone jack because this 50 W amp sound like a 75 W amp! I live in a block of flats and sincerely I can't play over 1 at the volume. // 9

Sound: I sincerely give it a 8 for metal type sound and 9 for blues. This would be the ultimate choice in price range for a great solid state amp. The distortid channel has a knd of Nirvana sound to it, and the clean is clean as it can get. The tone is very good, nice thick distortion, if played over 2 at volume. I own a Squier Stratocaster, and yes it is noisy if I play only on singles, put when playing on 2 it's not noisy at all so it's good if you have a guitar with humbuckers, but a good hush will be just fine if you own one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I totaly rely on it because it is my only amp, and it is great. I don't think this amp will soon break down. It is too good and well built. Also it has a very Vintage look and I can see that the wood is very thick, a plus in my belief that it won't get trashed. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm a beginner but I know a good tone when I hear one, and this amp has nice tone, I wouldn't have bought it if it was crappy.I recommend again a hush for all you single pickup owners. I'm planning to make my Squier HSH in January so I won't have any problems. // 10

More Johnson reviews rating category latest review
+ JT50 Mirage 7.8 Guitar Amplifiers 09/19/2015