Millennium JM150 review by Johnson

Johnson: Millennium JM150

I play a variety of styles, my PRS Custom 24 Dave Navarro sounds unbelievable through, as does my Schecter 7 string, the clean channels on this (the presets, nevermind the ability to customise your own) sound like nothing I've ever heard before. It's simply beautiful. The variety is endless, even 13 years after the amp was originally launched, it's still better than 99% of products out there for sheer robustness and variety. The distorted channels, especially the Mesa Boogie Dual Rec model sound brutal, sustains for days on end!

I play mainly rock music but sometimes dabble in Blues and Jazz, this amp can do it all easily. I've been playing guitar for 12 years, have gone through countless amps, including a Line 6 Spider, which, ironically... Line 6 later bought DigiTech, the company who branded Johnson, but ended up making much poorer quality amplifiers than this. I also have a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt that I take with me when I'm travelling to work (I work in england and live in Scotland) but that's obviously not comparable to this. If this amp was lost or stolen, I would do my utmost to get it again, these are a rare find and I was lucky to get it at such a brilliant price seeing as they were 1200+ when brand new.

I've only had this amp for a short period of time, so I can't REALLY comment on the reliability. The previous owner had the tubes replaced as well right before I bought it, so it's not skipped a beat in my ownership. I would Imagine the amp would be perfect for playing Live, plenty loud enough as well as more variety than any other amp/modeller I've ever seen (think of it as an earlier Axe FX II and you're on the right track). Not much else to say on this really, the foot controller is nice and sturdy too with clear switches for people with lead feet!

This is the worlds first guitar modelling amplifier. It has more features than I can even begin to imagine, it models some of the most famous amps in the world and it does it brilliantly. The amp comes with a footswitch which is completely customisable and easy to use along with a pedal that can be matched to whatever effect you require, IE use it as a standard wah wah pedal, or use it as pedal for lowering volume, turning on chorus etc etc etc. I use this amp in my home, not for gigging, but I Imagine it would be fine for gigging. 150watt, 2 x 12, tube integrated!

Visible Spirit
    @ graddy0051... Tell me where "here" is and I'll buy it!!! Yes sir, at $150 if it's still available I recommend you beat the door down and snap it up! I imagine it's long gone by now. If not, then anybody that's looked at it doesn't know what it is! To this day there is nothing that compares on the market IMO and at that price it's a steal of a deal! These go for $500-$650+++ used on average "if " you can find one. Those that bought them originally rarely sell them unless they're hurting for money... or really have no clue what they possess. These sold new in the late 90's for $1,200+. I own a Johnson Millennium JM250 head and I'd sell everything but my guitar and kids before I'd let it go. Once you play with it and really understand what it's capable of, you'll never look back or regret your purchase. Go for it if it's still there. Seriously, if your not interested in it, please message me and tell me where it is so I can buy it! Please, Please, Please ! Likewise, if you do buy it please message me so I can quite dreaming about it. Thanks...
    Phatkat
    I've owned mine for years with no problems till now. The clean channel stopped working completely ? Anyone have a solution ??? Help !
    bosley.bosley
    Check my website bosleymusic.com under the tech section, I have a lot of experience with theses amps and their technical problems. I might be able to help you. You can email me through the contact form in the footer of the site.
    rkeeslar
    I have one for sale if anyone is interested with the j3 and j12 pedal
    mikegiordano7
    I think the millenium is one of the most(...if not the mostill around !) veratile amps Ive ever heard! I own both a spider and a milleniun and a mesa boogie. The millenium is my go to amp the line six there no use for any more and the boogie is only used for big shows. I wish Johnson was still around I can only imageine what his stuff would do now!!
    mikegiordano7
    ronald.kiger
    can anyone plz tell me how to get my J12 to wrk. I have lights on. but I think my amp is on preset and I cant get it right. if you can help thanks my name they call me kracker