Power 10 review by Johnson

Johnson: Power 10

Purchased from: Rockshop

It can suit blues to heavy metal to old school rock. It suits my heavy metal/hard rock style perfectly because it has a good choice of sound when you change settings. It can get very loud, in open venues it still sustains a reasonable sound level. When both bass and treble are up past five the volume increase as you turn them both up the higher you go the more sound difference. The amp has wide variety of sounds you can play some wicked blues style music and some heavily distorted Nirvana style music. When it says clean it means literally clean it doesn't get distorted, in overdrive it gets distorted when the volume gets higher, I get a big distortion level at bass 2 treble 7. The distortion can get really brutal and a bit over distorted at times.

I play heavy metal/hard rock and it is a good match. I have been playing for two years and I have owned 3 amps before this is still my favourite. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely try and replace it because it is an awesome amp. I love it because it was my first and its reliability and durability there is nothing I hate about it except it's lack of knobs but it makes up for it in sound. My favourite feature is the great distortion control you get from it. It works good with pedals which is good because I plan on getting more of them. This better than any other amp of its kind and size. I wish it had a gain knob. Overall this is the perfect little amp for people constantly traveling and can be a main amp if you need it to be.

This is one of the toughest little amps I have ever seen it is very durable and it never gets a malfunction I have had it for a year and it has had no malfunctions what so ever and my uncle who I got it off says he hasn't had any problems with it. I always use it in a gig because it catches up with the big amps and it is used as one of my mains because it is that good. It has been treated perfectly.

This amp is one of my favourites ever made you can take it anywhere it is so small but it produces a real gutsy sound and keeps up with the big amps some of the other bands use. It has a bass, treble and a volume knob it also has a clean/overdrive button. I wish it had a gain knob on it but it is pretty much fine as it is. I use this amp in all my gigs and it can be my main amp if I need to but no matter what it is always blasting. He has good room at the back to store a lead and the power cord. It has a headphone jack and the power cord is a good length.