Gig Rig review by Kendrick

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Kendrick: Gig Rig

Purchased from: eBay

This is the older version of K-Spot, same wattage 35 screaming watts for Fender-ish bot definitely warmer. First it weighs only 36 pounds, single 12, but TUBE driven reverb w/dwell, tone, & level. It's extremely versatile from Fender wash out, to dark room verb! This is a huge game changer for gigging & wood shedding bedroom levels as well. It's about 10 yrs old & Gerald Kendrick said almost same a new K-Spot! Came with great cover & looks new despite my 5 yrs gigging with it. Think of a Blues Junior to the 4th power, in warmth, dynamics, & great tone. No push/pull pots/toggle switches to dial in your sound. Volume, high, low... 3 knobs & for me this is a very welcome reality. Yes built like a tank & looks new.

In vintage rock & dance band, it suits the need just fine for all indoor social function needs where volume can be low 1st set. It gives loud solid fat clean for a stomp box nirvana! Like most pedals have started breeding on their own. The reverb is too DIE for ala' Fender Vibro-King which is great but huge, heavy & overkill for my purposes. Strats, '53 tele my dad bought new, '87 PRS & PRS HB2! It prefers single coils at it's best but simple EQ is not subtractive & 4 inputs take buckers very well. It has an extremely wide range with only low & high knobs. It's dead quiet has harmonic overtones.

It is extremely well built, came with TUKI cover & still looks new. It has been extremely reliable but I do take Blues Junior in a pinch. Don't the 35 watts fool you, this is one loud clean amp. Takes stomps very well & stays true to the sound of the guitar plugged in... The '53 tele loves this amp of course. It does go through tubes a tad faster than my Fuchs or Budda but well worth it for killer tone, simplicity, & warm sound! At only 36 pounds think of it as a Blues Junior to the 4th power & incredible clean machine that LOVES pedals.

Vintage rock & dance music, modern country it suits just fine. It is NOT a metal machine by any stretch. Been playing my long life & still gigging! My favorite feature is TONE then very flexible tube reverb. It covers all indoor gigs & only mike it with 4 way sound rig. I don't push her above 5 or 6 & voiced to stay clean delivers plenty volume. It has great headroom & dynamics, feeling connected as notes leap out..forward leaning amp... class AB. Oh I would buy a K-Spot in a heartbeat as this amp is a proven keeper for the discussed reasons! It sets so well in the mix that the guys of 18 yrs usually are happy when I take the Kendrick, not Budda or Fuchs! When an amp beats out the 40 to 50 I have owned.