GT30HM Review

5.6
 2,604
reviews (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
GT30HM Reviewed by: rockkiller23, on march 08, 2011

Features: manuafcture(http://www.kldguitar.com). It has two channels, and they can be controlled by a footswitch, or by the button on the amp. Which is classic rock, blues, and blues rock. There is an effects loop. The reverb is quite nice, in my opinion. It does have enough power for gigs. It is a tube amp that runs on three 12AX7s and four EL84s. They are chinese shuguang tube. But I change them with four Sovteks in the power section, while there were two JJs and one Sovtek in the preamp. They make sound better more. // 7

Sound: I primarily use this amp with my Fender Highway One HSS stratocaster. Through equalization settings, you can get a Vintage tone with about any pickup style, whether they are Vintage-oriented or modern-oriented. This amp suits my tastes just right. I do a lot of Led Zeppelin and Cream music, and this fits the ticket. Like most EL84-driven amps, there is a slight amount of noise, but that's not that big of a deal. Higher gain settins will also bring more noise. This amp has a very nice clean channel, and the lead channel can bring you to areas of hard rock and possibly metal, depending on the pickups in your guitar, and if you are using any pedals or not. I don't run any pedals in my chain, and this thing can do what I consider to be a metal tone, but it's more of a classic metal tone. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp is an amp I can depend on. I've had it well over a year, and not a single thing has gone wrong with it. I would feel quite comfortable gigging with this thing without a backup, though it is usually wise to bring one because there is a chance that the venue may have a faulty power supply. I can neglect this thing and nothing will go wrong. // 8

Overall Impression: As I have mentioned, I play classic rock and blues. This amp is right on for those tones. I have been playing for over three years, and I also have a Gibson SG Standard, a Carvin Bolt, and an Aria Acoustic guitar dating from 1977. I love the classic tone I get from this. If you can buy one of these used, go for it, because they are very affordable. // 8

GT30HM Reviewed by: goloho-yu, on july 05, 2011

Features: It has dual channels controlled by a footswitch, or by the button on the amp. There are many style sound, I paly in modern metal rock. It has DI out for recording, and it has 4, 8, 16, 2x8, 2x16ohm output. The reverb is quite nice, in my opinion. It does have enough power for gigs. It is a tube amp that runs on three 12AX7s and four EL84s. They are JJ tube. // 8

Sound: I primarily use this amp with my Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster. Through equalization settings, you can get a modern tone with about any pickup style. Like most EL84-driven amps, there is a slight amount of noise, but that's not that big of a deal. Higher gain settins will also bring more noise. This amp has a very nice clean channel, and the lead channel can bring you to areas of hard rock and possibly metal, depending on the pickups in your guitar, and if you are using any pedals or not. I don't run any pedals in my chain, and this thing can do what I consider to be a metal tone, but it's more of a classic metal tone. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This amp is an amp I can depend on. I've had it well over a year, and not a single thing has gone wrong with it. I would feel quite comfortable gigging with this thing without a backup, though it is usually wise to bring one because there is a chance that the venue may have a faulty power supply. I can neglect this thing and nothing will go wrong. // 7

Overall Impression: As I have mentioned. This amp has many tones.so you always found tone you want. I have been playing for over three years. If you can buy one of these used, go for it, because they are very affordable. // 7

Comments