Krankenstein review by Krank

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Sound: 10
  • Overall Impression: 10
  • Reliability & Durability: 10
  • Features: 10
  • Reviewer's score: 10 Gem
  • Users' score: 7.8 (62 votes)
Krank: Krankenstein
0

Price paid: $ 1050

Purchased from: Triple R guitar

Sound — 10
I'm useing a ESP LTD EX-400 with active EMG's and this thing kicks ass! There wasn't anther amp in the store that had more balls. I's not even that noisy I get a lttle humm while playing with a drummer and bassist. I only need to put the gain at about 7.5 any more and it's like overkill. Not a problem for harmonic pinches and and the distorition is bone crushing really it's great. The clean has break up a little but mess with the kleen settings and then you'll find a good kleen.

Overall Impression — 10
It's perfect for my style metal or just about anything else. I've been playing about 2 1/2 years now. But people belive I've been playing all my life. They are kinda pricy but there worth it 100 watts of all tube power and I only have the master a 5 and the channel volume at 2 and that is enough to play over a very loud drummer and bassist and the channel volume at 4 drowns everybody out completley. So you'll have to problem with volume and the sounds just keeps getting better at higher volumes. If it were lost of stolen I'd buy it again cause it's that good I also use this with a mesa 2X12 cab with Vintage 30's 'cause I don't want to lug a 4X12 around.

Reliability & Durability — 10
Very dependable and definitly use without a backup. It has never broken down on me once and I had it for about 6 months.

Features — 10
First this is the Krankenstien! Built in the USA! It has 2 channels and an awesome effects loop. It is versatile enough for any type of music but mostly for metal. It's got enough gain and power for any one. It doesn't have reverb but that's not bad 'cause it sounds good as it is, plus you can always buy a reverb pedal.

85 comments sorted by best / new / date

    threebillion6
    Meh @ Dimebag. Hes a footnote on the list of good guitarists
    if your ever going to call Dime a footnote on the list of good guitarist, I'd love to see you play his stuff perfectly. either do that, or shut the hell up. you have no right to say anything bad about Dime. He WAS a guitar GOD and i'm glad that f***er died that shot him. That's what you deserve for shooting a guitar god on stage along with 4 other people. and for going after vinnie paul too. if your calling Dime a footnote on the list of good guitarists then your no better than the deranged crazy guy that brutally killed Dime.
    GitterMan
    O.K. I had to sign up just to get in on this. It's not about Dime or how you spell clean, and yes I think spelling with a K is stupid. Im a gtr and amp Tech, so I think I know what Im talking about (maybe). The amp I played sounded like piss The highs were to high it really sounded like tin. Yes I play Metal for about 18 yrs. I love metal. This amp may have a lot of gain , but so what. so does a line 6 insane channel, You can barely tell your playing a tube amp. Though I liked Dime's playing his tone was never that good. which is unfortunate. His amps never did his play justice. You want metal try, Revera knukle head, Peavy XXX or JSX any Soldano Genz-Benz El diablo of course Mesa. Hell Krank's Chadwick has better tone. Take it for what it is if you what to play in a pantera cover band go for it.
    IsThereLoveInSp
    Hahaha, this reminds me of those Harmony Central reviews from a while back. But anyways, deffinately a 'meh' and lifeless amp. Cheers everyone
    amp_322
    SURE you did. and you ALSO just registered 3 days ago. jackass. someone should take a crap in your shoes.
    lv99fretburner
    ive been using this amp for about six months and this thing is a straight up monster. I play a lot of fast riffy stuff and this amp keeps a tight punchy ballsy chunk sound that I like, a lot. My problems with the Krankenstein start with the bass. There is too much of it and I pretty much keep it dialed around a quater way or less. The clean tone, (no its not klean, at least its not on my head) is hurting. I currently looking for some sort of an effect to beef up my clean channel because it sounds way too thin to me, maybe some reverb would help but i never really use reverb so i dont know. Also this amp is almost too big, it sounds better as it gets louder which is an amazing trait, but you cant just krank the thing without blowing the rest of your band away. Still this amp is wiked and right now ive got it sounding amazing with a marshall mode 4. Keep the master volume kranked, I stay over 3/4, and dial in the channel from there. The presence and sweep knobs do a lot too and im still figuring those out. Oh and one more important note: This amp sounded like sht with other cabs. I tried with a marshall 4x12, and a mesa4x12 and without the oversized kustom krank cabinet the amp is cut in half. its defenetly worth the extra money.
    gyzer_8970
    BrokenLaney_DBC wrote: I agree with Y.D.P.B.C (even though he's a fanny), I think some people on here need some alone time with themselves to calm down
    I'm sorry, but what the hell do u mean by "he's a fanny"?
    dimebagdisciple
    holy shit you guys are rediculous this amp almost does have jesus like status for thrash metal it is like the holy grail almost if only it had reverb it would be the holy grail but i do agree no one can play a tube amp at such low volumes and it sound great i have 2 of these and they are amazing at more like 6 and up o and kleen is the way all krank amps spell clean
    MetalMadSteve
    I work at a store guitar store that recently started to sell Kranks. I play a Mesa Triaxis preamp through the Mesa 2:90 poweramp. I really loved the Krankenstein at work so my boss let me take one to practice after we closed and bring it back the next morning. I was floored. I had read on a Krank forum that you have to krank the main master around five or better and get the channel master above two for the amp to open up. And that is when the magic starts. At low volumes it sounds like a bad solid state amp but get it to big club gig volume and it is amazing. And the clean channel is the most amazing I have ever heard. Almost Fender-like. I will be putting my Mesa on Ebay this week. I still love Mesa and would like to try out an Engl and a Framus.
    rokrdude
    hey, cokeisbetter, your the moron you tell hm he spells "clean" wrong, well if you look at the freakin amp you'll see it is spelled KLEEN, stupid people are hypocritcal, psssssh
    Tacticz
    Just purchased the head, will be getting the cab monday and writing a review that will hopefully help you guys out.
    Csquared1001
    oh another thing, dime voiced this amp. He liked it you might not. it's got a ****load of gain regardless
    Csquared1001
    stop flaming this krank guy. regardless whether or not this is bs if you have any brains you'll try the amp first. most of you flamers are probably marshall and mesa fan boys.
    jacob23
    the clean channel is called kleen on this amp.....jeeze people know the facts before you flame someone.
    Tedward
    played in store with a beautiful schecter with passive EMGS. I havent played a lot of amps but it really didnt seem anything special. I didnt play around with the settings a lot but it seems, along with most tube amps, best suited for classoc rock.
    Click_Click
    I played this amp at my local guitar shop ( who is now a Krank dealer ) This thing is a monster! I love the tone the sound cuts through very well and there is enough bottom end to move your pant legs. one of the things I really like about the head is small and light. good for halling back in forth between gigs. another cool thing is you can change the color of the grill on the cab, I don't know about the head. Krank makes red, crome, black grills there easy to change they just pop out. I do think its overpriced but a cool amp though.
    solo_freak
    KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay
    I partially agree with you YOU ARE ALL FUKIN GAY!!!!! Except for the people that think this amp is crap IT IS i tried one and it smelled This is a s**t amp just like the peole who buy it. I tried it with a KH 2 (from the shop) and a hello kitty squire....it made them both sound like shit (even though the squire couldnt really sound worse) If you wan a good amp then buy a triple rectifier solo head then you can play.
    santhony1987 wrote: I wish i had your money...
    MasterMaster!! wrote: God i envy this amp soo much.. if i had the cash it'd be mine
    lv99fretburner wrote: ive been using this amp for about six months and this thing is a straight up monster. I play a lot of fast riffy stuff and this amp keeps a tight punchy ballsy chunk sound that I like, a lot. My problems with the Krankenstein start with the bass. There is too much of it and I pretty much keep it dialed around a quater way or less. The clean tone, (no its not klean, at least its not on my head) is hurting. I currently looking for some sort of an effect to beef up my clean channel because it sounds way too thin to me, maybe some reverb would help but i never really use reverb so i dont know. Also this amp is almost too big, it sounds better as it gets louder which is an amazing trait, but you cant just krank the thing without blowing the rest of your band away. Still this amp is wiked and right now ive got it sounding amazing with a marshall mode 4. Keep the master volume kranked, I stay over 3/4, and dial in the channel from there. The presence and sweep knobs do a lot too and im still figuring those out. Oh and one more important note: This amp sounded like sht with other cabs. I tried with a marshall 4x12, and a mesa4x12 and without the oversized kustom krank cabinet the amp is cut in half. its defenetly worth the extra money.
    DeathByStereo23 wrote: Oh man this amp is AWESOME! I want mine! yeah!
    gyzer_8970 wrote: KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay U sound like a fifth grader... (hint, hint)
    gyzer_8970 wrote: BrokenLaney_DBC wrote: I agree with Y.D.P.B.C (even though he's a fanny), I think some people on here need some alone time with themselves to calm down I'm sorry, but what the hell do u mean by "he's a fanny"?
    MasterMaster!! wrote: God i envy this amp soo much.. if i had the cash it'd be mine
    GitterMan wrote: O.K. I had to sign up just to get in on this. It's not about Dime or how you spell clean, and yes I think spelling with a K is stupid. Im a gtr and amp Tech, so I think I know what Im talking about (maybe). The amp I played sounded like piss The highs were to high it really sounded like tin. Yes I play Metal for about 18 yrs. I love metal. This amp may have a lot of gain , but so what. so does a line 6 insane channel, You can barely tell your playing a tube amp. Though I liked Dime's playing his tone was never that good. which is unfortunate. His amps never did his play justice. You want metal try, Revera knukle head, Peavy XXX or JSX any Soldano Genz-Benz El diablo of course Mesa. Hell Krank's Chadwick has better tone. Take it for what it is if you what to play in a pantera cover band go for it.
    GitterMan wrote: O.K. I had to sign up just to get in on this. It's not about Dime or how you spell clean, and yes I think spelling with a K is stupid. Im a gtr and amp Tech, so I think I know what Im talking about (maybe). The amp I played sounded like piss The highs were to high it really sounded like tin. Yes I play Metal for about 18 yrs. I love metal. This amp may have a lot of gain , but so what. so does a line 6 insane channel, You can barely tell your playing a tube amp. Though I liked Dime's playing his tone was never that good. which is unfortunate. His amps never did his play justice. You want metal try, Revera knukle head, Peavy XXX or JSX any Soldano Genz-Benz El diablo of course Mesa. Hell Krank's Chadwick has better tone. Take it for what it is if you what to play in a pantera cover band go for it.
    jacob23 wrote: wait nevermind, lol
    jacob23 wrote: the clean channel is called kleen on this amp.....jeeze people know the facts before you flame someone.
    [quote]Y.D.P.B.C wrote: amp_322 wrote: SURE you did. and you ALSO just registered 3 days ago. jackass. someone should take a crap in your shoes. IPLAYBASS wrote: I smell BS. KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay captainkurt wrote: most of yoiu guys are *****s why you gotta be an ass to a guy giving his opinion threebillion6 wrote: Meh @ Dimebag. Hes a footnote on the list of good guitarists if your ever going to call Dime a footnote on the list of good guitarist, I'd love to see you play his stuff perfectly. either do that, or shut the hell up. you have no right to say anything bad about Dime. He WAS a
    solo_freak
    EMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE
    solo_freak
    solo_freak wrote: KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay I partially agree with you YOU ARE ALL FUKIN GAY!!!!! Except for the people that think this amp is crap IT IS i tried one and it smelled This is a s**t amp just like the peole who buy it. I tried it with a KH 2 (from the shop) and a hello kitty squire....it made them both sound like shit (even though the squire couldnt really sound worse) If you wan a good amp then buy a triple rectifier solo head then you can play.santhony1987 wrote: I wish i had your money... MasterMaster!! wrote: God i envy this amp soo much.. if i had the cash it'd be mine lv99fretburner wrote: ive been using this amp for about six months and this thing is a straight up monster. I play a lot of fast riffy stuff and this amp keeps a tight punchy ballsy chunk sound that I like, a lot. My problems with the Krankenstein start with the bass. There is too much of it and I pretty much keep it dialed around a quater way or less. The clean tone, (no its not klean, at least its not on my head) is hurting. I currently looking for some sort of an effect to beef up my clean channel because it sounds way too thin to me, maybe some reverb would help but i never really use reverb so i dont know. Also this amp is almost too big, it sounds better as it gets louder which is an amazing trait, but you cant just krank the thing without blowing the rest of your band away. Still this amp is wiked and right now ive got it sounding amazing with a marshall mode 4. Keep the master volume kranked, I stay over 3/4, and dial in the channel from there. The presence and sweep knobs do a lot too and im still figuring those out. Oh and one more important note: This amp sounded like sht with other cabs. I tried with a marshall 4x12, and a mesa4x12 and without the oversized kustom krank cabinet the amp is cut in half. its defenetly worth the extra money. DeathByStereo23 wrote: Oh man this amp is AWESOME! I want mine! yeah! gyzer_8970 wrote: KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay U sound like a fifth grader... (hint, hint) gyzer_8970 wrote: BrokenLaney_DBC wrote: I agree with Y.D.P.B.C (even though he's a fanny), I think some people on here need some alone time with themselves to calm down I'm sorry, but what the hell do u mean by "he's a fanny"? MasterMaster!! wrote: God i envy this amp soo much.. if i had the cash it'd be mine GitterMan wrote: O.K. I had to sign up just to get in on this. It's not about Dime or how you spell clean, and yes I think spelling with a K is stupid. Im a gtr and amp Tech, so I think I know what Im talking about (maybe). The amp I played sounded like piss The highs were to high it really sounded like tin. Yes I play Metal for about 18 yrs. I love metal. This amp may have a lot of gain , but so what. so does a line 6 insane channel, You can barely tell your playing a tube amp. Though I liked Dime's playing his tone was never that good. which is unfortunate. His amps never did his play justice. You want metal try, Revera knukle head, Peavy XXX or JSX any Soldano Genz-Benz El diablo of course Mesa. Hell Krank's Chadwick has better tone. Take it for what it is if you what to play in a pantera cover band go for it. GitterMan wrote: O.K. I had to sign up just to get in on this. It's not about Dime or how you spell clean, and yes I think spelling with a K is stupid. Im a gtr and amp Tech, so I think I know what Im talking about (maybe). The amp I played sounded like piss The highs were to high it really sounded like tin. Yes I play Metal for about 18 yrs. I love metal. This amp may have a lot of gain , but so what. so does a line 6 insane channel, You can barely tell your playing a tube amp. Though I liked Dime's playing his tone was never that good. which is unfortunate. His amps never did his play justice. You want metal try, Revera knukle head, Peavy XXX or JSX any Soldano Genz-Benz El diablo of course Mesa. Hell Krank's Chadwick has better tone. Take it for what it is if you what to play in a pantera cover band go for it. jacob23 wrote: wait nevermind, lol jacob23 wrote: the clean channel is called kleen on this amp.....jeeze people know the facts before you flame someone. [quote]Y.D.P.B.C wrote: amp_322 wrote: SURE you did. and you ALSO just registered 3 days ago. jackass. someone should take a crap in your shoes. IPLAYBASS wrote: I smell BS. KranK IT!!! wrote: wow your gay captainkurt wrote: most of yoiu guys are *****s why you gotta be an ass to a guy giving his opinion threebillion6 wrote: Meh @ Dimebag. Hes a footnote on the list of good guitarists if your ever going to call Dime a footnote on the list of good guitarist, I'd love to see you play his stuff perfectly. either do that, or shut the hell up. you have no right to say anything bad about Dime. He WAS a
    EMOS ARE GAY
    FreddoX
    truedoom wrote: thats stupid. i'm gonna have to agree with the plp who say dime was a footnote in the guitar god list. there are much beter gutiarists out there. he was overrated. and thinking that dime wasn't as good as you isn't reason enough to deserve the death penalty.i personally don't think the guy who shot dime should have died. dime was a person like another, and you don't kill every murderers. Have to agree with this guy, dimebag was a good guitarist...at what he did. Which was a lot of legato, string skipping, and playing against the rhythem melody, with fast syncopated shred. it was original, but people who say he is a god are just ignorant. There are guitarists out there who would wipe the floor with dimebag.
    And who's to say that you aren't ignorent then? How can you be so shure about your statement just because you go against the main-stream thought of how Dimebag was as a guitarist? Maybe we have right? You guys can't prove anything. Well, to me Dime is my idol and that's all that matters to me.
    Guitar Sushi
    Wow... this is the most screwed up bunch of comments I've ever read. An Admin needs to sought you guys out.. but wow. WOW!!
    LeeSmellyFinger
    i never liked pantera... watched the dvd of them playing at college n thought WTF how can anyone like this.. never thought to look him up on youtube... today i did that and hes really inspired me tbh you can argue all day how other guitarists could wipe the floor with him etc.. but i think the reason why he was so awesome was his personailty, he seemed larger than life but also seemed a kind person as well. seems like a shit thing for me to write since i never knew the guy or what he was about until today but what from i have seen he really was a awesome entertainer =]
    HELLSHREDD
    How dare you talk shit about dime you fuktarded geek, if iwas standing in front of you i would kik you so hard in the mouth with some steel toes that you would be spitting chicklets for a week ya punk.
    truedoom wrote: thats stupid. i'm gonna have to agree with the plp who say dime was a footnote in the guitar god list. there are much beter gutiarists out there. he was overrated. and thinking that dime wasn't as good as you isn't reason enough to deserve the death penalty.i personally don't think the guy who shot dime should have died. dime was a person like another, and you don't kill every murderers. Have to agree with this guy, dimebag was a good guitarist...at what he did. Which was a lot of legato, string skipping, and playing against the rhythem melody, with fast syncopated shred. it was original, but people who say he is a god are just ignorant. There are guitarists out there who would wipe the floor with dimebag.
    in_the_fade
    And who's to say that you aren't ignorent then? How can you be so shure about your statement just because you go against the main-stream thought of how Dimebag was as a guitarist? Maybe we have right? You guys can't prove anything. Well, to me Dime is my idol and that's all that matters to me.
    Everyone and their mother says Dime is their idol. According to all you kids Dimebag Darrel and Herman Li are the only guitarists that matter. Not true at all. You can be a good guitarist without having to play a million miles an hour. And on the topic of the amp, I am actually considering buying this amp, and this rediculous flame-fest hasn't helped me at all. Calm down people, and post some un-biased reviews or something!
    rbandtheskaman
    freedumb wrote: any review that gives all tens in every category instantly loses some credibility, as does anyone who says a tube amp sounds great when they play it with the volume at two. plus you spelled kleen with a "k" in an attempt to play off of "krank"
    Anyone who knows s**t about Krank knows that they spell their clean channel "kleen" just look for a picture of a krank revolution and zoom in.
    FreddoX
    wow, All I can see on this board is, This and this would kick ass, and this kicks so much ass that this kicks ass better then the last that kicked ass! Can you guys be more constructive, you should all know that ppl are actually making huge decision on what you guys writes here on what to buy. I get shit nervous if I recently ordered something from the net and suddenly sees a review seeing that thing is just crap, but the fact is that the review can come from a non-reliable source. So plz guys, be serious for the sake of others!
    wadeanes
    newman13 wrote: Wow, very helpful comments fellas. I was checking out the reviews because I'm in the market for a new amp, and it degenerated into a flamefest almost immediately. From now on I'm just going to read the reviews and ignore the comments after them since it seems to be nothing more than a place to talk sh*t anonymously.
    I second that.
    truedoom
    thats stupid. i'm gonna have to agree with the plp who say dime was a footnote in the guitar god list. there are much beter gutiarists out there. he was overrated. and thinking that dime wasn't as good as you isn't reason enough to deserve the death penalty.i personally don't think the guy who shot dime should have died. dime was a person like another, and you don't kill every murderers.
    Have to agree with this guy, dimebag was a good guitarist...at what he did. Which was a lot of legato, string skipping, and playing against the rhythem melody, with fast syncopated shred. it was original, but people who say he is a god are just ignorant. There are guitarists out there who would wipe the floor with dimebag.
    stradivari310
    cokeisbetter wrote: And you spelled clean wrong. That's just inexcusable.
    that's what the channel on the amp is called
    fingers62887
    On A serious note I Own Both The Kankenstein Head And Cabinet Great tone Great Sound period I also Have my JCM900 Marshall head That i will never part with as I will Never Part with The Krankenstein Head aswell now. I play both through My Krankenstein Cab wich To tell you the truth Is A great Cab probably my fav. Cab ive ever played through and alot of people under estimate the significance of THE CAB in Their sound, alot of people are convinced The Head Is It. Truth is The Cab Is just As important im not saying you need all This To Play A guitar for New Guitarists out there im just saying it helps in creating a tone that is great. learn to play good 1st worry about your equipment after your tecnique dosnt come from a cable or amp it comes from you and your guitar. Anyways Great sounding Head & Cab Try the Head before you buy it though Its awsome but you cant get a true Rock tone out of it definatly for metal dont get me wrong you can play rock with this head but if you like to play strikly rock Not the the head for you.
    DeathByStereo23
    I wish that the krankenstein were only 1050 euros....unfortunately,here in italy is about 2300 euros.damn.
    solo_freak
    [quote]solo_freak wrote: EMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE GAYEMOS ARE
    capt.greenbeard
    Really. If ya think the amp sucks so bad then dont buy it. After all, not everyone can handle a tone like that. I personally like the Randall Warhead better, but this thing is in close second.
    ironman shred
    first of all how many of you play metal and by metal i mean stuff like metallica, slayer, pantera, etc. because this is the style of music dime designed this amp for. i like this amp more that any other besides the dual rectifier. it suite thrash metal and thats what i like. i dont like marshalls but i dont go around trashing them. dont trash this amp because it doesnt suite your style of music. go find one that does. some of you say you had a problem with the treble but i didnt so it might have malfunctioned on the amp you were playing. plus dimes style of playing required no more treble than this amp has.
    newman13
    Wow, very helpful comments fellas. I was checking out the reviews because I'm in the market for a new amp, and it degenerated into a flamefest almost immediately. From now on I'm just going to read the reviews and ignore the comments after them since it seems to be nothing more than a place to talk sh*t anonymously.
    p2fyre
    yeah i really wanna test one.. it'd probably blow the shops windows out though
    KranK IT!!!
    well first off the is not a bullshit review. My username doesn't matter either. And i suggest that all you people who spread rumors and listen to all the HC stuff need to actaully play the amp and test it then you'll see what it can do,otherwise stop saying what you "think" you know!!!