Revolution review by Krank

Krank: Revolution

Purchased from: Washington Music Center

I use a Jackson RR5 with Seymour Duncan pickups and it gets a great metal tone. I am a metal guitarist and listen to Shadows Fall, Lamb Of God, Pantera, Damageplan, etc. and it can pretty much grasp all those sounds very easily. This is a definite metal amp. There is a little bit of variety if you mess with the setting a little bit but this isn't too much of a classic rock amp. The clean channel is super clean and doesn't get distorted at high volumes. The distortion is absolute pure brutality. At high volumes the distortion of this amp will make your balls crumble. Again I will remind you this is not a bedroom amp (unless you want things to fall off the walls).

I am a pretty much 100% metal guitarist and this is the perfect amp for metal. I love the distortion channel because of it's extremely heavy and dark sound. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't even think about not buying this amp because it is just so good I couldn't live with out it. Before I got this I was thinking about buying a Mesa Solo Head because of their heavy sound but they don't even come close to what Krank amps sound like or are built like. So if you love a brutal metal sound don't even wait just buy this amp right now!

This amp is built like a tank. I have never personally had any problems with this amp. I definitely don't think that you would need a back up amp if you were on a gig.

The Krank Revolution 1 head is a 100 watt tube amp that has more balls than any other amp made today. This amp has two amazing channels, the Krank channel which has an extreme in your face metal tone and the clean channel is also great. I use this amp in my basement and it's ready to tear the walls down. It has two master volume knobs. You control which master volume you use by the button on the foot switch. This is not by any means a bedroom amp. The second you get the volume on 1 it's ready to blow your brains out.