36 Coupe 112 review by Kustom

Kustom: 36 Coupe 112

Purchased from: Music store

I mostly play Sabbath, AC/DC, and Zeppelin. It does a very good job with those styles. The lead channel has a really good distortion much better than any of my pedals. And with the bright switch has a lot of versatility. The distortion can get pretty heavy depending on the signal fed to it. Using the high input and EMG actives it can be really brutal. Or just run my passive pickup LP and sound really good. I use the rhythm channel with the gain turned down as a clean channel. But wont stay clean if fed to much input. The bass is pretty impressive it will shake and rattle every window in my house. I don't use a lot of pedals as they choke the tone on the amp alot. I just use a chorus and flanger on the effects loop. The reverb is nice as it has a tone knob. You can turn the tone down have the reverb up high but not sound like your in a bathtub.

I am very happy with this amp. And for what I play works very well. Don't know know how it would do trying to play death metal. I do wish it had a true clean channel but will just dig up an amp for that purpose. I've owned several amps over the years and this is the best one I've had so far. Don't have any use for the larger stack version of this amp. But would like to try the 2 speaker combo, they didn't have any at the store I went to.

Have never had a problem with this amp. It has made several long distance trips in the back of a pickup truck and never given any trouble. It isnt loud enough by itself to drown out a drummer but would work very well miked. I've never used the direct out so don't know how well it sounds. The foot switches look pretty durable and the housing is made of aluminum. And as it uses a stereo guitar cable can make it as long or short as wanted.

I purchased the Coupe 36 amp new at my local music store. It comes with a single eminance 12" speaker. And is rated at 36 watts of tube power. It has 2 channels rhythm/lead. Bright switches for both channels. doesnt't come with a true clean channel. An interactive bass/mid/treble EQ. Has 2 inputs low and high. Has a buffered tube driven effects loop. Reverb with tone knob. An adjustable boost. Direct out to mixer. And switchable ohms with 2 outputs. Comes with a footswitch and uses standard stereo cable to operate it.

qotsa1998
    combo. Looks nice, id like to try it out. Kustoms look really nice, very different. much better than a plain black amp. And im a bit surprised that a 36w tube amp cant drown out a drummer. Im sure that if u cranked it, it would be gig volume.
    red.guitar
    Trust me, this thing will defiantly drown out a drummer. for only 36 watts this thing has balls. I love mine to death and if it ever broke or got stolen I would defiantly get another one
    LgLagro
    How versatile is it? I mostly play rock and blues, but if I wanted to play some Metallica or that sort of very heavy metal, could it pull it off well?