Arrow 16 review by Kustom

Kustom: Arrow 16

Most of the time I use this guitar on a Behringer v-tone guitar. But I've also played with my Epiphone LP 100. And the distortion sound just blew me away! The distortion of this amp is so great! comparing this to other cheap amps, you have to search long to find somone to beat Arrow 16! At some points I also prefer the distortion sound of this amp instead of some of Vox AD30VT's amp modelings. I play most metal music and with this amp it all sounds great! And after having this amp for so long I think I'm going for a Kustom stack when it's time for something new! Now Clean soound on this one is quite standard. Nice warm tone wich is quite acceptable for a cheap amp. But there might be other cheap amps with better Clean/rythm sounds than this one. The distortion sound gets better if you turn the gain to 12'o clock. It might get to much if you turn gain on full. But the amp definately can handle it. Now about volume this amp might not support you at the very highest levels. The tone gets a bit crunchy and the celestion speaker begins woofing to much. So That makes this a practise amp. don't go on stage with it! The EQ works fine and can give you many different tones! The distortion is very "clean" Wich makes it perfect to many Metal songs. Especially Sandman. If you want it more brutal, Turn up the gain and start playing along!

This amp is very standard so don't expect too much of it. what you see is what you get. But considering that it has external speaker output and AUX input you can get more out of this amp. But this includes more equipment. I've been playing on this amp for about a year now. And it has always supported me! I mostly use this amp on a cheap Behringer v-tone guitar. But I've also used my Epiphone Les Paul 100 from time to time. This amp is worth the money paid! You get a good enough Clean sound and Very good distortion! But the lack of reverb makes it a bit sad. The amp fits very good for classic rock and metal. I love the distortion, But the speaker output levels seems to be too much for the amplifier! So don't start playing very loud on this one. I compared this to a Behringer Vintage amp and a SX G-Pack amp. The Sx amp was horrible and lacked gain. The Behringer amp seemed cheap and the sound was downright boring compared to Kustom Arrow 16R. Comparing this to my existing Vox AD30VT amp the Kustom impresses with it's distortion. However the Kustom has very small sound picture. So Vox is more exiting for it's effects. All in all: I recomend this amp to all rookie guitarplayers that needs good Amp sound for a fair price. Also for those Who travel a lot and need a amplifier to go!

I haven't put this amp to the ultimate test. It has never broken down for me either. I would say it's very dependable. But the only thing I'm worried about is the speaker. When I play at quite high sound levels, it seems to have a hard time playing along. So be careful with the volume. I think using this in a gig would make no trouble. It seems very reliable and handles a fall or two.

This is first of all a transistor based amplifier. And it's Cheap. But it is Kustom. First of all the amp looks great. It is small and versatile, So you can take it everywhere and it doesn't dissapoint you. The amplifier has two channels. Rhythm (clean) and lead (overdrive). Medium, high and low EQ options and gain knob for the Lead channel. You can also have different volume levels for each channel (Lead and Rythm) wich might be useful and might not. The amp has a headphone jack and a AUX jack so that you can plug in your mp3 player and play along or connect your guitar through a Distortion Modeler pedal if you want to play with your friends on this amp. I use this amp as a practising amp. My regular amp is Vox AD30VT. I have used this amp on a Epiphone Les Paul 100 And a cheap Behringer guitar. This amp has more than enough power for me as a practising amp. What I miss on this amp is Reverb! You can get reverb on the model higher Kustom Arrow 16R. But that is more money. But in cheap amps like this, Rebervb is not always present. So I can always order a reverb pedal!

perkristian876
    I Kinda regret giving this amp only 8 in sound! The sound of this amp is absolutely fantastic! The clean tone is very varm and solid! A good rocker!