Arrow 16 review by Kustom

Kustom: Arrow 16

Price paid: C$ 75

Purchased from: Another musician

I've only had guitars with 2 humbuckers, through my Zoom G1 and G7 multi effects. My impression compare to all the amps I've owned is, it gives a bright, really warm sound. I don't play blues but I know it has to sound amazing on blues. I play this mostly in my acoustic or metal distortion presets, and it sounds amazing. The difference between lead and rhythm does make a difference, and you get the EQ for both channels, which I thought was pretty neat. You can really get alot of different sounds with this thing. The most distinctive thing about this amp, to me, is the bassy tone it gives, and makes all the stuff I recorded with sound warm and full. By the way, this thing can get LOUD.

This baby can take down any genres of music I guess... But I think it would sound amazing in blues/jazz music. I play with heavy distortions alot, and I can honestly say I'm satisfied with the beefy tone I get on it. If there's anything I wish it had, why not build 2 input jacks? It's not an expensive amp or anything, so if its stolen I wouldn't kill myself, probably just buy another one in the store.

It 20lb according to the specs.I move this in my house up and down, and nothing has fellen apart or anything... Strap is nice and firm.I had this for a really long time, but I take good care of my gears, and nothing has failed at all. There was actually that one time, when I plugged in an acoustic electric into the amp while the gain switch is all the way up, and the feedback shook my room, didn't blow a speaker, thanks for not breaking on me =)

16W power; 8" Celestion speaker; 2 channels (rhythm and lead); 3-band EQ; Headphone jack; CD/tape input(really like this one, plug in your ipod, CD player etc and Jam along! ). 20Lbs... For a solid state amp at that price range, all these features are pretty legit. If they could add an extra input I'd be really happy.

Jasey
    What's a good setting for a heavy metal band eg. Megadeath, Killswich etc. On The Amp?