Dual 30 RC review by Kustom

Kustom: Dual 30 RC

Purchased from: Cremer Guitarworks

I use an Ibanez Artcore AS73 and just upgraded the pickups to a SD Jazz neck and a SD JB bridge. Overall even before the pickup swap, great guitar. This can do anything from Lenny Kravitz sounds to B.B. King and everything in between besides metal. This amp isn't really noisy and it hates bieng outside in any weather. The sounds get all funky and out of tune. I've never had to push this amp more than 1/2 way but it doesn't get distorted from there. The distortion is nice but nothing heavy. I play stuff like Eric Clapton to The Darkness.

This amp is good for everything but metal and you can't go wrong for 150 bucks.

If I had a gig outside I'd definetly need a different amp, nothing has gone wrong with the amp and I've had it 6 months today (7/25/05). It's reliable.

This amp is really good for clean, blues, and some rock. I recently got a Boss Blues Driver pedal for better distortion and when I switch back to the built in distortion I get a faded tone and feedback. If you don't have a pedal it seems okay. This amp has a lead (distortion) and a rhythm (clean) channel. It comes with reverb and chorus, both work great. If you want more effects there is a DFX version of this amp. The headphone jack comes in handy when my parents start complaining. I use this amp for practice, I've only been playing about a year now. It is definetly loud for 30 watts. If you need more features upgrade to the DFX, these effects work fine for me.