Dual 30 RC review by Kustom

Kustom: Dual 30 RC

Purchased from: Blue Water Music, Salmon Arm BC

I have 2 Les Pauls' an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Limited Edition in Peacock Blue that has 2 Gibson Humbuckers as well as my newest guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde Yellow Bulls eye with EMG HZ pickups, soon to be upgraded to EMG 81/85's. Also I have a Gretsch Syncomatic G1616 Silverjet with 2 Gretsch Humbuckers. All these guitars sounds good through this amp. For the most part I play metal, as is obvious from my guitar choices this amp handles it really well accually. With my Gretsch though when I feel like play some blues, which is quite often this amp sounds realy good. With full Gain this amp is fairly noisy but it can be handled just by being sure to touch the strings at all time and your problem is solved. This amp have a great all around sound I can tweak out almost any sound I want. The Clean stays clean at all volume settings. The distortion though noisy is brutal it's crunches very heavily when you bring up the mid and low end EQ's it is down right nasty.

I play varying styles of music, mostly metal or blues though. The distorion off this amp can handle some heavy metal tones and can lighten up nicely for a nice blues tone as well. This amp has proven very versitile for me. It has a nice Metal crunch as well as a nice soft blues tone and really good clean sound. That said I still wish it was tune rather then solid-state. I have been playing for 2 and a half years now. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde Bullseye, an Epiphone Les Paul Studio LMT edtion in Peacock Blue and a Gretsch Syncomatic G1616 Silverjet. For FX I have a Boss GT-6 Multieffects proccessor. I'm happy with this amp considering I bought it on the spot just over a year ago. I would get antoher if it were stolen though I would probly get a larger on, a 65 watt or 100 if I could, since I'm starting to play more gigs. I love it's abilty to get any sound I want out of it with or without my FX. I do wish it was more powerful, though it is loud for a 30 watt I wish it had more. I love the clean sound by far the best part. I have compaired it to Marshalls, vox, crate and fender. After buying stupidly. However for the price and the quality it is far better. This amp is a great amp for anyone, if you need a practice amp this amp is great, if your starting out and need a good amp look no further.

I have played about 10+ gigs with out a back up since I can't aford one, and Have had no trouble at all. This amp is a tank I have never had anything go wrong with it and I have had it for around a year now.

This Kustom was made in 2005 in the US accually. I play most metal with large amouts of blues. This amp can sure crank it out. I hae a Boss GT-6 but I rarely use it I just turn up the distortion on the amp and go for it. Accully though th distortion is a bit loud I do like it. The distortion is heavy enough for In Flames or Children of Bodom but this amp really shines with it's clean channel. For a lil 10" Celestion Red this amps clean tones are awesome. With either of my Les Pauls' I can get a nice glossy clean tone, if I add some of the built in analog chorus I can get an awesome Little Wing sound or Dream Theater's Endless Sacrifice. This amp has 2 channels lead and rythem, (distortion/OD. and clean) as well as 2 equilizer presets UK and USA. And your basic Low Mid High Eq as well as Reverb and chorus. This amp can really pump for a 30 watt it is loud enough for now and I have no real complaints I have played inddor for 300 people and it held it's own so I can't complain it is way louder then I thought it would be. It has 2 channels, fx loop, headphone jack, and foot switch for channels.