KGA10 review by Kustom

Kustom: KGA10

Purchased from: music123.com

This amp sounds amazing. It sounds like some kind of expensive tube amp, though it is just a transistor mono. It perfectly comliments my Strat on any setting and any volume. It remains constant at any volume, and volume is something it does well for it's size. It does not go well with my EMG 81/81 EC-400, but not many amps go right with it.

This amp is great for a beginner low on dough, like I was. It is not a match for my true style but is for what I play in my band. I've been playing for 4 years and have amassed lots of gear, but this was my first amp. If this amp were stolen or lost I would not get a new one because I do not need it anymore. I need money for other things like the Peavey I want to get. This amp is a solid contender in the practice amp category and should be considered by anyone that needs one.

This is the most dependable amp I have (my other is a Behringer GX212, I hope to get a Peavey Valve King though). It is very real and has its own sound which is very distinctive. I've dropped it many a time, it is still running fine.

This was my first amp ever. Unlike most knowing buyers, I received mine through a guitar package. It was the "B.C. Rich War Pak." I am certain that this is a KGA10 because I disassembled it and inside it said Kustom KGA10. This one is red and renamed the "BCL10". It is very simple which is perfect for beginners. It has a distortion function named "grind" that actually works quite well for a ten watt amp. This can be adjusted via the "gain" and "edge" controls. It is very variable, it goes from mild retro tone to quite heavy distortion. I play many types of music. One of my current bands "The Mockery" (were on myspace) is retro/indie/alternative. My true style is hardcore/screamo/punk, I try to model Jake Kiley of Strung Out. Though this amp is not suitable for hardcore (with my EC-400) it is good for playing indie/alternative (with my Strat H/S/S). Though I still have my Warlock I do not use it. In conclusion it is a good amp for light rock and has just the right amount of features for beginners.

trivium_rule_11
    i have had this amp for about a year and the speaker kicked out a while ago, i am getting a Line 6 PODxt instead of a new amplifier now.