KGA10 review by Kustom

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Kustom: KGA10

Purchased from: Littlewoods

I use the Encore KCE3 which came with it and also a Jackson Warrior JS30WR. They both sound OK through this amp but I would not suggest it to someone Who has been playing for over a year or two. It's not loud enough for a gig so don't even try that! I play Heavy Metal and scene as this was my first amp I was impressed at the time with the overdrive but I didn't think much of the clean channel. If you turn the gain up past 4 O'Clock it went a bit too fuzzy for me, apart from that though it is pretty cool distortion, like a classic rock sort of tone.

I've been playing properly for nearly two year and I've had this five years. If I ever use it now I use it through headphones scene as the speaker dosn't work. I would recommend this amp to a total begginer as you won't know the difference, but as you start progressing you will need something with more tone and features like effects and better clean and distortion and if your gigging in a band you'll need a bigger amp say 50-100 Watts.

I wouldn't trust it in a gig situation but then it's not loud enough for that. it's reliable enough for in the house practise or even band practise but nothing more. I remember dropping it on my kitchen floor and the speaker came out and ripped the cables witch was a hiccup on my part but I fixed it with a bit of soldering but the speaker was broken.

Quite a nifty and versatile 0 Watt practise amp. Not sure what year this model came out though. It's a solid-state value-for-money begginer on a budget amp, with gain, tone and volume control (Not too complex). Only one channel, but there is an overdrive Switch but it's not footswitchable. It has an output/headphone jack but not much features on the whole but what it has got sound pretty decent. I got this amp with an Encore KCE3 guitar which seems to match in quality seen as that's only begginer gear also.

ih8u1102
    i have this amp and the button to turn on the amp isn't clicking in what should i do?
    Populus
    I've had this amp for a year now aswell, it's been working perfectly fine all the time. Never had any doubts that it wouldn't work.