KGA10FX review by Kustom

Kustom: KGA10FX

Purchased from: a friend

Well I use this with an Ibanez S470 in drop C and Encore strat with baritone strings tuned to B standard. Firstly I always run this with a Boss Metal Zone in front. With Metal Zone - Tight sound with plenty of bass. There is a lot of high end fizz but as it is a practise amp for home use it is acceptable. Without Metal Zone I find the distortion to just be full of fuzz and spit, way too much to really work with IMO, but this is only when the gain is close to maxed out. For classic rock this amp is pretty usefull. The clean sound is advertised as sparkling and for the price it is compared to others in area (particularly the Marshall MG 15). This amp is way louder then any other 10 Watt I, v played and easily muscles out the previously mention MG15. It also out competes the Vypyr 15 in volume IMO. The tone you get from this amp for the price is pretty awesome and again better then the MG. I payed 10 for this so I can hardly complain. The speaker I beleive is a Kustom designed 10" speaker and for it is I kinda like it.

For metal and rock this amp is more then capable so long as you either use a pedal for the gain or learn to live with high amounts of hiss. I love the reverb effect and dime it out to get an echo which just sounds awesome. TBH I'm fairly certain I could leave this anywhere and it would not be stolen as my particular one resembles an artists impression baghdads city centre. If you use it to practise with in your house you will develope a strange affection for it. Take it anywhere else and you will be dissapointed however. This amp is great for players on budget and can't fork out for Fender practise combo's ect and need something for home/bedroom use. Also if your a guy who loves paying more for the named brands(fender ect) practise amps - try this it may just surprise you. And if you don't like it there will always be someone who will gladly buy it.

Well I know it was used extensivly for about 2 years then left in a loft (attic if your on the other side of the pond) collecting dust. I said to my mate "hey if you've still got your lil amp kickin around I'll have it off you" all I did was wipe off the dust and away I was. It was just something to get a new tone from and by no means my main amp and its fun to mess with. Oh yeah reliablity and durability, this amp is very reliable though mine like to make some huge a-s wail everytime I turn it on. It last's for a second or so then goes back to normal. The amp will definitly survive any beating you can throw at it. Also all dials are chrome with is a nice touch and non of them have fallen off (unlike my Marshall MG15, "sigh").

This amp was made in 2006 I believe and is now battered and bearing scars from the previous owners 4 years of neglect. It has a OD channel and a clean channel. It also comes with a dial labelled "effect" which on this model is a reverb/echo. The amp also comes with a line out, a headphone input and a section for CD/tape. Has a 3 band eq which is universal for both channels. Also the material in front of the speaker is pretty snazzy and I like it.