Quad 100 Head review by Kustom

Kustom: Quad 100 Head

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This is an amazing tube powered monster of a half stack. It can go from easy going blues to AC/DC to raging distorted metal whether it be Metallica or something like Dimmu Borgir. I found it very useful since I do happen to play lots of metal and AC/DC. It isn't noisy unless your guitar sucks (I use a Yamaha Pacifica 012) but when I tried a Gibson Flying V Voodoo it sounded beyond badass. Distortion is unforgivable. I love it. It would probably sound crappy with a distortion pedal though, I think there's plenty. And hell man, it's shitting loud thanks to those celestion speakers.

Metal. and yes. It's wonderful. Pinch harmonics and bends sound juuust right on it. I've been playing a year and I own a 15 watter RMS 200 (yes I know none of you have heard of it). The only knobs it has are Tone and Volume and a 'drive' switch. For months now I've been trying everything from Marshall MGs, to AVTs, and even the Mesa F series and I couldn't find any tube amps that were this affordable and damn well kicked so much ass! Honestly, I hadn't even heard of Kustom until my salesman directed me away from the Marshall AVT100 just for a moment (I almost bought it glad I didnt!) and he was like 'c'mere' and he plugged me into the Kustom and I was completely blown away from the sound of the first chord. I definitley reccomend this amp if your budget is a lil tight because it's only like 600 bucks and it's a half stack that sounds awesome. Go for it!

Well I just bought the amp today and I'm obsessed with it, soo yeah. I don't think you'll need a backup that's unless you like to set your guitar on fire and bash it through the speaker cloth um then well thats up to you.

It has a knob with 8 different effects- hall reverb, spring reverb, slap back, delay, chorus, chorus/reverb, flange/reverb, and tremolo and they couldn't sound any better. It took me awhile to get used to the knob readings (like instead of a gain knob they have 'high' 'low' etc which I am not used to). There's even a knob that's named 'balls' and a button that reads 'bigger balls'. According to the manual though it stands for 'Ballistic Audio Loudness Level Saturation'. Oh well. The other knobs are the traditional sets of 'lead' and 'rhythm' you'll have to set up 'clean' for yourself since there's no channel switching. Unfortunately I didn't get a footswitch with this package so I have to go back and yell at em.

conaway5150
    i play a les paul through mine..the sound is amazing..my best friend has a fender twin reverb which cost him a fortune ive played my gibson through both amps..for the price the kustom is a killer amp and yes its not tube but its sound is prob the best solid state sound you will ever get. amazing affordable amp
    tinydragon
    its a great new amp for me but it needs just a bit more distortion but its great i play my gibson sg standerd through it and 59 les paul and they sound great for wat i play but it needs more distortion for heavy metal
    Dime_forever08
    First off, the lead channel has knobs for the BALLS (gain), LOW and HIGH. The BALLS is basiclly just the gain for the amp, and it also has a switch for the BIGGER BALLS. It is NOT a tube amp, it is solid state, but it has a super crunchy/heavy sound....deff worth the money.
    Art Of Music
    This amp is badass indeed! If you buy a ds-1 and tune it Tone: 11 a clock Level: Max Dist: Max you got a really nice distortion! Try it if you can buy/borrow one ;D
    c0d3ster
    Funny how a lot of people think this is tube. This amp is amazing. I have to Quad 200DFX version with a Hartke guitar cabinet. (It can operate on 4-ohms, so I can get the full 200W of power.)
    Dark Aegis
    I just ordered this head and it has come yet so does anyone have any good settings.
    Angelgiest
    Kustom's are just so damn crunchy, it's amazing. I've got a Kustom Tube 12 and i'm trying to find that same sound in a bigger amp.