Quad 200 DFX Head review by Kustom

Kustom: Quad 200 DFX Head

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Used

I play Grunge, Rock and Post-Grunge and it's an amazing amp for that kind of music. It can also be amazing for metal. The amp is not noisy at all, it's very silent. The amp is extremely loud, the guys on my band were always telling me to lower the volume, however it was already low, on 2.

An amazing amp for everyone, from pros to beginners. I highly recommend it. If you're starting now and don't have money for an Orange or a Mesa Boogie, buy this amp. You'll never want to get rid of it. For a valve state amp it sure sounds like an all-tube amp. Very very very good product.

I never had problems with the amp. The only problem is the amp is extremely heavy. It's reliable. Mine has suffered a lot, back and forth from gigs, and when it finally gets to the rehearsal room, I plug it in, and it's as good as new. An advice, do not use bass effects on this amp or you'll ruin it. It already has an amazing low-end, so bass effects will ruin the frequencies.

I heard this amp for the first time on YouTube and I was amazed by its sound and versatility. It has 2 channels, which are footswitchable, clean and dirty, plus on the dirty channel it has two distortion modes, Balls and Bigger Balls, a cleaner distortion with more low-end and an heavier distortion with more high-end. On the effects it has lots of them, which I was not a big fan, except the Chorus, which is amazing, almost sounds analogical. To have a great sound of this amp I recommend you get an extremely good cabinet, because low-cost cabinets can get a little muddy. The controls on the amp are extremely sensitive, a small touch (I mean, SMALL) can change the all tone, and that is such a nice thing.

dinof
    Have this head and 4x12 speaker cab for sale...gonna miss it. If interested: dino_florez@yahoo.com Yeah, it's a solid state amp but sounds full and built like a tank.