Quad Jr. Half-Stack Review

manufacturer: Kustom date: 12/28/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. No bullshit ads, just news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Kustom: Quad Jr. Half-Stack
The Kustom Quad Jr. is a cool, scaled down half-stack that excels at heavy, modern rock but still has the versatility to deliver warm clean sounds and crunchy, medium-gain tones as well. Delivering 100 watts through a Celestion-loaded, 4-ohm 4x12 speaker cabinet, it features two switchable channels, multiple preamp modes, 8 digital effects, and more!
 8.8
 9.5
 2,849
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Quad Jr. Half-Stack Reviewed by: r12g14, on december 28, 2006

Features: I am not sure what year this amp was made in. I think it was made in 2006 or 2005. This is a really versatile amp. It is great for metal, hard rock, blues, pop, punk, really anything a modern musician wants to play. It has 2 channels that you can switch to between lead and rhythm. It has a headphone jack in the back and a bunch of effetcs. I wish I could plug more than 1 guitar into it because then it would be less equipemnt to drag around to gigs. I use this amp to practice and to play gigs. It has tons of power and is capable for most unsigned musicians for playing clubs and place s like that. It is a tube amp. It weighs a lot and is heavy to carry around but it's worth it. // 9

Sound: I use an Epi X-Plorer with stock pickups. It suits my music style for hard rock music. The distortion is alright on it but I suggest getting a distortion/overdrive pedal. It is a little bit noisy but I haven't really tested out the envirements to see where it plays best I assume in a bigger area it will sound better. The amp has a big range of sounds, great for metal, hard rock and blues sound great on it. The clean/rhythm setting does not get dostorted at high volumes and sounds great. The distrotion is good on high volumes but after you play for a while it starts to tone down so I suggest a pedla for that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This a super relaible amp. I don't think I will ever be playing a show and blow it. I think I would bring it to a show with a backup but just as a precaution be cause anything could happen and it's always smart to have a backup. This amp has never broken down on me so far because it is a farly new amp to me. It hasn't broken down on me but being a tube amp I think in a long time eventually the tubes will wear out and have to be replaced not because of the amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock music. It is a good for this kind of music. It is loud, has a nice sound and on high volume, the ditortion is good. I would recommend this amp to anyone Who is interested in playing live because I think that's what this amp was made for. I probably wouldn't get this amp if it was lost of stolen I would probably get the Peavey 5150 because of the tone it's got and it is a more well known name brande but this amp is just as good. I love how loud it gets the great tone and the fact it's mine. The only thing I hate is that after the tubes warmn up the ditortion tones down but I can fix that with a distorion pedal. I compared it to the Peavey 5150 but it was out of my price range. I chose this one because it's perfect for me and it was only $775. I only wish it had harder distortion. I hope you get this ampp it is a great amp and with its Celestion speakers you can blast that audience I hope you enjoy this amp as much as I do. // 10

More Kustom reviews rating category latest review
+ Dual 30 RC 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 11/30/2015