Tube 12A review by Kustom

Kustom: Tube 12A

I use a single coil equipped Sratocaster, bu I think this amp would work well with humbuckers too. It suits my style because I like to play stuf that isn't too heavy. You can get a lovely crunch tone from this amp but if you want an amp for metal, this isn't for you. It never hums at all, except when it's on full volume with the gain up full. The clean channel is lovely, and you can use the low and high controls to go from creamy to jangly sounds. The clean channel never breaks up significantly, but I take this as a good thing. The only bad thing is that the distortion isn't very brutal.

Overall I think this amp is for the person who plays at home alot, but who also wants something to have band practices with. It's very portable. like I said it suits my style of music perfectly! I have been playing for about three years, and this thing has kept me motivated with it's wonderful tone. if it got stolen I would probably buy it again. There was nothing I wish I had asked when I bought it, because I have loved it ever since. I compared it to few other amps in it's price range, but they were all solid state. This is THE practice amp! I only wish it had a reverb- then it would be complete. I love: Great tone, power for it's size, portability. I dislike: No reverb, not much gain, simplicity.

This an extremely durable and reliable amp. It's been bashed around a few times, but the walls seem to come off much more worse! This amp has never broken down, and in my three years of owning it I have never changed the tube because it still sounds great!

Great amp! I am not sure what year it was made in, but it seems pretty modern. it's pretty versatile and great for my styles of music. I like nearly all types of music except heavy metal. It is a tube amp with 12 watts of power, 1 channel- but with a gain Switch and knob. I use all all it's features but then again, it only has volume, low, high and gain. It also has a shift button and I think it fattens the sound. Mostly I use this amp at home but for such a small package it is extremely loud! I have done quite a few band practices with it and it just about cuts through.

Bob_Sagget
    Have one and amazing b/c u can use practically any stomp box with absolutely NO feedback problems at all! Great Buy I completely agree with familybucket except quality reverbs are easy to get and pretty affordable. The high gain doesnt't exist like the review said, but if ur a metal head looking for a good tube amp to practice with or even to play extremely small gigs with you would need a stompbox. No biggie though.
    danielsyte
    I have this amp. It sounds incredibly good with pedals in front and single coils, while I don't like it at all with humbuckers or in general guitars with a lot of bass tone (LP with neck humbucker, ...). I think the main problem is the speaker, plug this little monster in a 1x12 cab (or bigger) and you'll enjoy a much better sound.